Thread: String Length

Post Thanks / Like

Default String Length

Does anyone know what length string I need for a Martin Savannah? I mean what length would it come from the factory with?

Post Thanks / Like

Mine are both 5 1/2 inches shorter than my bow at rest. I watched "How Its Made" not too long ago and they suggested 4 inches shorter than the bow but that was a long bow and mine has a minor recurve to it.

I'm not at all an expert and I really hope someone doesn't tell me whoever made my string isn't smart when it comes to tradition archery, but I hope it at least gives you a starting point, if nothing else, spark a conversation about it because I too would love to learn.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got a bowstring from OliverStacy Bowstrings for my Savannah. Josh makes a great string. Mines was perfect. 12 strands of D10 loops padded to 14 and 59 inches long. I added just a few twists and it braces perfectly at 7 inches. Josh has a Savannah so he know how to make the loops just perfect for this bow. You can reach him by email at rbpfan@hotmail.com

Good luck with your Savannah. It's a great bow!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Strings from Oliver Stacy

Not sure if my previous reply went through, so I will try again. I just got a string for my Savannah from Josh over at OliverStacy strings. You can reach him at rbpfan@hotmail.com
    The string is perfect. 12 strands of D10 padded to 14 at the loops. 59 inches long. I added about 4 twists and got it to brace perfectly at 7 inches. D10 does not stretch much so I don't anticipate having to add any more twists. Josh has a Savannah so he know how to make strings for this bow perfectly. I will attach a picture of mine. It is a sweet bow!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

The Savannah is an AMO bow, just tell your strong maker, or seller, the AMO length of your bow, and you'll get the correct string length, generally 4" shorter than the bow.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried to reply to this thread a few times to try and help this person, but somehow my replies are not showing up. Anyway, I will try one more time. I have a Savannah. I had a string made for me by a guy who has a Savannah and knows just how to make them perfect for this bow. Contact Josh at OliverStacy bowstrings. You can reach him at rbpfan@hotmail.com

He made me a 59 inch 12 strand D10 string padded to 14 at the loops. The string is just perfect for this bow. It braces right at 7 inches with just about 4 twists. Shoots really fast too!

Post Thanks / Like

I fixed your posts meatCKR. it was the Spam protection kicking in. if you add a link and you have a low post count...it blocks it until a mod reviews and approves them. It's just extra security for the site. Add a few more posts and you shouldn't have any more issues. If it happens again just Pm one of us mods so that we can approve it for you. That"s a good looking bow by the way.
    Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by meatCKR View Post
    I've tried to reply to this thread a few times to try and help this person, but somehow my replies are not showing up. Anyway, I will try one more time. I have a Savannah. I had a string made for me by a guy who has a Savannah and knows just how to make them perfect for this bow. Contact Josh at OliverStacy bowstrings. You can reach him at rbpfan@hotmail.com

He made me a 59 inch 12 strand D10 string padded to 14 at the loops. The string is just perfect for this bow. It braces right at 7 inches with just about 4 twists. Shoots really fast too!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah - that makes sense. Sorry for all the repeated posts. Just trying to help a fellow Savannah owner. I am enjoying mine tremendously!