Thread: cam lean

bassnbucks

Default cam lean

I recently got a dyna cam system installed on my Tracer. I got new limbs, cables cams and string. I have cam lean to the left, RH bow. I adjusted my cable rod as close as possible and made no difference. It looks like the lower limb is twisting. can I twist my harness to rectify this? the serving is showing heavy signs of wear from rubbing the cam and its only 11 days old!! I am a bit frustrated as these parts are brand new. Any help is greatly appreciated.

flytier17

Yes, cable twisting can be used. It is more effective for the top limb though. By leaning left, do you mean that the left side rides higher than the right side when viewed from the rear of the bow?

bassnbucks

The top of my lower cam is leaning to the left when viewed from the rear. enough so that the serving has been rubbed almost to the point of fraying within 300 or so shots.
    when martin sent me the new limbs they sent 80 pounders for whatever reason. I had 70 pound before and that info was relayed to them thru the pro shop when ordered. I have the bow set at 66-67 lbs so the limbs are backed way off. could this be contributing the the cam lean? I guess I could crank it up to 75 or so and see for myself!!! I dont want to shoot that heavy though.

flytier17

#1, Martin should send you the proper limbs. I would get that straightened out before anything. You shouldn't have to shoot limbs you didn't order.

As long as you are in your 15lb range, they should be fine.

Have these limbs ever been dry-fired? That would cause a permanent distortion.

bassnbucks

No dry fires, it has been in my possession since it was re assembled.
    I didnt give it much thought at first with the heavier limbs. I would prefer to have the 70's back but it took 11 days for martin to ship the last set to me and I dont care for the shop owner that got the last set in for me. I guess Im saying im not sure it is worth it to go thru that all over again and spend another $40 to get my bow set back up yet again.
    It is shooting well so I guess I will just get it reserved or learn to do it myself when needed.
    I just got a very good deal on an 04' bowtech extreme vft, it should be here by monday. I will set that one up to play with and possibly sell for a few dollars more.

flytier17

Soup up the Bowtech, and sell it to get the money for a new Slayer, or Firecat, or Scepter, or whatever. Thats what I did with my Drenalin, and Switchback.