Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pantera cam stop placement

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, thanks for the clarification on the draw module / cam module. I kind of thought that's what you meant.

From what I am reading, I guess there is no "one best setting" for draw length or cam stop on this cam, and that I'll just have to play with it? I'd really like to get close to that 80% let off.

I will try to take pictures of the cam at the 27.75" setting as described above, tomorrow. The ya'll can see how the string sets on the module and advise. I certainly apprectiate all the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok guys, here are some pics of the Fury XT at full draw. By full draw, I mean the draw module is set to 3 which should correlate to a 29.5" draw length. Assuming Martin goes by standard AMO lengths, then the apex of the string should be 27.75" from the pivot point at "full draw" to get a 29.5" length (27.75 + 1.75 = 29.5). Those are the settings / lengths for these pics.

Does the cam look as if it is overdrawn, underdrawn, or about right? Note that I have my draw stop pegged and is against the wall at full draw. Please advise, and thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Looks about right, you can see that your cable is just kissing the axle, barely, and there doesn't seem to be any bend in the cable, which is good. At that mod setting you don't want to go any longer on the your draw length with the stop.

You had mentioned that you wanted to get the most out of the let-off, so what you can do is move the module to the 2.5 or even the 2 marker, and then move the draw stop to set and "fine tune" your length. This should lengthen your valley and increase the let-off percentage...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

PJV,

It looks ok.

That long flat area of that inner cam is the area I was referring to. Notice how the cable is just starting to lift off it? If it feels good to you where it is, I would leave it, but you could move the draw stop a very little bit towards the -. That way it should move the cable off the axle and it will lay abit more on that flat.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at your pictures again and reread your post.

I was thinking about it today and you stated that the draw stop was pegged, but it looks like you have a bit more room towards the -, I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, actually what I was referring to was the draw stop being pegged to the limb at full draw. I think you may have meant that it was pegged all the way in the slide on the cam. You are right, there is room in both directions to move the stop on the cam, but in the pic, the draw stop is fully up against the limb.

Post Thanks / Like

PJV,

OK, now we are on the same page. If it feels good to you how it is it'll be fine. The cable isn't bending around the axle at all. You are at the very bottom of the 80% let off.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, it does not feel like 80% let off how it is set now (same as in the photos) When I first got the bow, it felt like 80%, I was holding nothing! This settting has little valley, I t goes from peak weight to wall in an instant and feels like I am hold back most of the draw weight. I guess I just need to start playing with the settings unitl I get draw length close to 29.5 and a good let off.

Post Thanks / Like

PJV,

I think you'll just have to play with it. try moving the stop towards the -. Just small adjustments. If that doesn't work go the other way.

For a 2012 Pantera 29.5 DL says 2.5 setting. Try moving the module to that and leave the stop where it is. Put it on your draw board and draw just to 29.5. See what that looks like. Then move the Stop until it meets the limb.
    Last edited by Mike G; 03-16-2013 at 06:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I finally got a chance to go to the shop and spend some time tinkering with the cam. As ya'll have said, moving the draw stop towards the + increases let off and increases draw length. But it seems that I can't get max let off/long valley to correspond with my draw length unless I back the draw module to 1.5 and move the draw stop towards the +. At these settings though, the string is definitely contacting the axel. It seems that if I put the draw module on 2.5 to 3, closer to my draw length, put the bow on a draw board and crank it back to just where the sting is about to hit the axle, set the draw stop against the limb, and then take it off and draw it, the bow is much less than 80% let off.

SOooooo, the only way to get more let off is to move it towards the + and then the string starts hitting the axel again. I am frustrated to say the least. Seems that in order to get 80% let off I have to wrap the string around the axel? But this does not seem right from what ya'll have said. Frustrated to say the least