Thread: Bought A Sceptre V from 5 time Olympian Butch Johnson....

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Bought A Sceptre V from 5 time Olympian Butch Johnson....

Walked into my local pro shop and asked to see the Martin's, Butch told me they had a couple down by the end of the racks, they did, a couple of Martin FireCats and a Rytera Nemesis, neither would have serviced my draw length which is 3/16ths just shy of 31". Long story short, asked Butch to take me to the catalog and I ordered a Black Carbon Scepter V, over 9 bills with the tax. Sad thing is it may take months for Martin to deliver due to the fact that we rarely see a Martin representative in these parts. I paid the whole nut rather than to be scratching if it really does take Martin all that long when it comes time to setup the bow. Butch is a real Hoyt guy and of course he tried to sell me as the store is Hoyt and Matthews land. I am a Martin cat no pun intended but it works, lol. Even if I have to sand the burrs off the cams myself, mess with limbs(never have had to personally) I just love Martin and I am pulling for them to turn the corner and shine once more. I am eccentric like that. So if someone knows the Martin Representative for the Eastern right coast neck of the woods please give a holler and tell them I have a bow on order and am waiting for them to allow me to start busting X's.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new bow Peace! I'm sure it'll be a shooter and you'll be out bustin X's in no time.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!!! Peace, nice addition!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default scepter v

peace as long as butch is a Martin Pro series dealer he can ordered it with a 1 min phone call to Carly at Martin archery. You should have it in two weeks max.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up God has blessed me...

Quote Originally Posted by themiddleman View Post
    peace as long as butch is a Martin Pro series dealer he can ordered it with a 1 min phone call to Carly at Martin archery. You should have it in two weeks max.
    Yes they have been Martin Pro Series dealers for years but have pretty much ignored the Martin line as Matthews and Hoyt are their movers. I wish it could be here in two weeks but if not I will have my hands full as this afternoon I made a deal and got another new Seeker in black carbon with bonz limbs so I will have two new Seekers the first should be here by this coming Tuesday and I am truly excited. I have got so much learning to do. If I need any strings in the future I am determined to keep it in the Martin family so Hutch should be hearing from me.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com