Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found my favorite dip pattern

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by typically8 View Post
    Yup I can't stand carbon weave, I'd rather see skulls.
    You guys are killing me.... I guess I spent to much time in the military, carbon is standard issue. Well it's a cool pattern anyways.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by typically8 View Post
    Yup I can't stand carbon weave, I'd rather see skulls.
    Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    As joelc says " carbon fiber is for tuner cars w fart can mufflers" lol. I absolutely cannot stand the carbon look. I've passed on many good deals because of that pattern. I was thinking of doing the limbs on my Iron Mace.
    Carbon is the tactical look, though id actually prefer straight black. It's the demand of the markets right now and if you want to compete with others you gotta offer something similar. Flames........ Is a very selective market.

Post Thanks / Like

NIce flame.....

Deer skull with 8-pointer flame....
    (Tentaively) 2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, GoldTIP + Blazer Vane + Accunocks, Home Made Front Stab 28", and Side Stab 11", Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tosi View Post
    You guys are killing me.... I guess I spent to much time in the military, carbon is standard issue. Well it's a cool pattern anyways.
    I am with you Tosi, I dig the carbon pattern too, glad Joel doesn't like it that way a premium isn't put on it. But really they can just give me glossy black, green or gold or a mixture thereof for the target rigs. I wouldn't mind rocking the Martin colors. Also a pattern similar to this forum's theme would be a hot dip. With Bengals and Cougars, etc.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by Tosi View Post
    I think Carbon is cool when it's actually Carbon Fiber...the dip process just doesn't do the real thing justice.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the look of the carbon weave on my CougarFC. I've had so many camo patterns I decided this time to go black, so carbon weave it was.

To tell you the truth, I wish the bow companies gave an option of a barebones riser and limbs. All I need on a bow for hunting is some flat gray mixed with a bit of flat green and brown, maybe a black wavy line here and there. I hate knowing I have to pay extra for this fancy finish because that's what the young pretty boys want. I would buy a new recurve and it would look pretty, the first thing I would do is paint it flat gray or tan.

My long bow is natural hickory on it's front and rattlesnake skin on it's back.

Mike

P.S. I don't think the carbon weave patterns look anything like real carbon fiber. It's just a nice pattern and they had to call it something.
    Last edited by Mike G; 03-19-2013 at 02:06 PM. Reason: P.S. added