Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite camo pattern??

Post Thanks / Like

blue jeans and a flannel, thats what my great grandpa wore hunting for ever, and he killed more animals in his lifetime than most of us ever will.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Plainsman

I heard that. I can remember when camo hunting gear really started taking off in the 60's and then we just got to cool to wear the old school jeans or kahkie pants anymore. But I have hunted in short pants, sneakers and a T-shirt. Hey it's hot down here in Texas when bow season opens.

Post Thanks / Like

AND the winner is? A suit made like the GHOST BLIND with a mirror like reflective material. Drawback is it would weigh as much as a Midevil suit of amour. Camo is alot like fishing lures, they catch more fishermen than fish. Pay your $, I need the $'s to put gas in the jeep. I have stood still and had a deer walk by me at 3 yards dressed in blue jeans and a flannel shirt. Exception is the Turkey, maybe a coyote. And yes I have several sets of camo, I confess, My name is Bob and I am a hunting junkie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    AND the winner is? A suit made like the GHOST BLIND with a mirror like reflective material.
    Right on. Next best thing would be one of those leafy suits.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Sonny Thomas

Default What's your favorite camo pattern??

My favorite camo is not the worn look when bought brand new. Couldn't believe it, not one bit. Wife comes home and hangs this beat up looking pull over hoodie on "my" room door. I thought she picked it up at some back yard sale.

Mossy Oak. Break Up Infinity camo. Yes sir! Brand spanking new! The hood edges are frayed as are the edges of the pockets. I almost threw it in my crap pile when I saw the Mossy Oak tags attached with that little plastic "t" string thingy. Looked it over and sure enough brand new. For the time being I'll hang it in the back of the closest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Right on. Next best thing would be one of those leafy suits.

A.S
    Trouble with a ghille suit, is that every twig, branch, leaf, briar, and bramble will grab it as you move thru the forest.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Trouble with a ghille suit, is that every twig, branch, leaf, briar, and bramble will grab it as you move thru the forest.
    Just sit in the middle of an open field.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Just sit in the middle of an open field.

A.S
    I did just that three or more years ago. I was crawling around in a fresh cut windrow alfalfa field. My back was going out when some bucks moved on me. I thought they saw me and decided to move. I was beat up and in pain crawling on on that dried alfalfa stalks. I sat up on my knees and placed my bow in front of me to cover my face. While I was taking a breather...A bunch of Mulies jumped over from the State land over onto the private land i was on. They came right at me, Stopped to look at me...and they decided to check me out. The wind was blowing right at me. They came in from 120 yards to 19 yards. As they came in...I slowly moved into shooting position while still kneeling ( my knee's were killing me by this time). I kept the bow in front of me and when the buck turned side ways and snorted at me...I gave home the arrow and dropped him. Plain luck!. I was about to give up. I made sure not to make any fast movements.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    I did just that three or more years ago. I was crawling around in a fresh cut windrow alfalfa field. My back was going out when some bucks moved on me. I thought they saw me and decided to move. I was beat up and in pain crawling on on that dried alfalfa stalks. I sat up on my knees and placed my bow in front of me to cover my face. While I was taking a breather...A bunch of Mulies jumped over from the State land over onto the private land i was on. They came right at me, Stopped to look at me...and they decided to check me out. The wind was blowing right at me. They came in from 120 yards to 19 yards. As they came in...I slowly moved into shooting position while still kneeling ( my knee's were killing me by this time). I kept the bow in front of me and when the buck turned side ways and snorted at me...I gave home the arrow and dropped him. Plain luck!. I was about to give up. I made sure not to make any fast movements.
    Now that's hunting. I bet you won't see that on TV.

A.S

Post Thanks / Like

Now that's hunting. I bet you won't see that on TV.

A.S
    It gives me giggles when I play it back in my memory. LOL. I was too lazy to buy knee pads...I have some now. What was funny too was I took my boots off to sneak in closer to some bucks. When I thought they saw me, i slowly got into Crawling. My knee's and bottom of my feets were hurting from the dried Alfalfa stalks. LOL.

I would grab some fresh Alfalfa still growing that the bailer missed and I would put some Alfalfa in my mouth while I'm staking and chew it to try to cover up my bad breath. LOL.