Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: noises, string or limbs

Post Thanks / Like

Default noises, string or limbs

So shot the Firecat for the first time today , Bill made the string and it has cat whiskers on it , trying to set my peep it shoots a little ... high . ( yeah missed and hit the tree behind it and bent another arrow).it's the '96, with dual Z cams, y cables no tear drop, shoot string is hooked to cam, 55-70 pound limbs backed out evenly 3 turns, limbsaver buttons in the bottom of the gap below cams, I have a distinct, short, "bung", noise. on release. my knocks are a little tight, they need to be pulled off. not tap string, and fall off could this be (please say yes) just needing to file my knocks.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macflash View Post
    So shot the Firecat for the first time today , Bill made the string and it has cat whiskers on it , trying to set my peep it shoots a little ... high ( yeah missed and hit the tree behind it and bent another arrow).it's the '96, with dual Z cams, y cables no tear drop, shoot string is hooked to cam, 55-70 pound limbs backed out evenly 3 turns, limbsaver buttons in the bottom of the gap below cams, I have a distinct, short, "bung", noise. on release. my knocks are a little tight, they need to be pulled off. not tap string, and fall off could this be (please say yes) just needing to file my knocks.
    IMG_0915.JPG

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

right on Bill thanks
    Man you do good work, that string draws WAAAYYY smoother than the old one
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Post Thanks / Like

Your cables should cross above the guide rod, not below.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Your cables should cross above the guide rod, not below.
    Yep Spiker said it right! above not below!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, LOL when I put the string on I didn't pay attention to that, GOOD EYES FELLAS, ( obviously you don't need glasses Hutch, From H.B. post)
    thanks Hutch for posting that pic, I will change that tonight. We've got some pretty nasty winds today, gusts above 40 so shooting was out this morn. Do you think that's where my noise is from? and/or should I also sand my knocks?
    Mac

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest you do one thing at a time, then check and see if the noise is gone... just to be sure . So change the cable slide around and see what you get.

And, you are right, it is very windy today in the Sound area.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    I would suggest you do one thing at a time, then check and see if the noise is gone... just to be sure . So change the cable slide around and see what you get.

And, you are right, it is very windy today in the Sound area.
    Hi Wabbit,
    will do, on one at a time,
    Sittin down here on Renton field, waiting for our plane to finish paint so we can pick it up, Man it's howling down here
    Mac

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Post Thanks / Like

LOL yep I'm on Mercer Island trying not to get blown out of my bucket truck . It's actually died down a little bit but it was fun for a bit!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    LOL yep I'm on Mercer Island trying not to get blown out of my bucket truck . It's actually died down a little bit but it was fun for a bit!
    Uh hope your not up in it using your phone to chat like this
    though we do throw sticks at dangerous animals, sounds like a heck of a ride, I may end up in a snorkel lift tonight, we'll see Lazy B gets pretty cranky when you don't follow the rules

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters