Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: noises, string or limbs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lovin' that Fire Cat!

She looks so good made me pull out my old Black Panther and begin tooling on her to take out shooting shortly.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default can't take it

Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    She looks so good made me pull out my old Black Panther and begin tooling on her to take out shooting shortly.
    look at cable guard it on the wrong side of string common noice on yoke was the little U were the power cable go thur the adjuster check you vanes for contact just have fun and shoot alot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tvs View Post
    look at cable guard it on the wrong side of string common noice on yoke was the little U were the power cable go thur the adjuster check you vanes for contact just have fun and shoot alot
    Crud,
    so the arrow is supposed to pass between cables and the riser? , oh wait never mind, that was changed in the second photo but you can't see it I couldn't get them over far enough to clear the fletching without the top "y" kissing the cam when I drew. the first picture in the post cables crossed below, now cross above( thanks to the great eyes here), and slide rail is on same side as riser, I've got the prongs set on the quick tune so they don't smack,still need moleskin, first pin good to 25 yards so far, only noise now is the peep tube ... wishing I could get rid of it but I've got the older style " stretchy" material for string so I don't self destruct, and with that comes a little twist, just nature of the beast. but solid shooter. went through 4 layers of chair cushion and buried an arrow in the fence, that should get an animal. anyone know a trick to eliminate peep tube noise, and or peep tube on older bows?
    Mac
    Last edited by macflash; 04-08-2013 at 05:17 PM.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macflash View Post
    Crud,
    so the arrow is supposed to pass between cables and the riser? , oh wait never mind, that was changed in the second photo but you can't see it I couldn't get them over far enough to clear the fletching without the top "y" kissing the cam when I drew. the first picture in the post cables crossed below, now cross above( thanks to the great eyes here), and slide rail is on same side as riser, I've got the prongs set on the quick tune so they don't smack,still need moleskin, first pin good to 25 yards so far, only noise now is the peep tube ... wishing I could get rid of it but I've got the older style " stretchy" material for string so I don't self destruct, and with that comes a little twist, just nature of the beast. but solid shooter. went through 4 layers of chair cushion and buried an arrow in the fence, that should get an animal. anyone know a trick to eliminate peep tube noise, and or peep tube on older bows?Mac
    An aftermarket custom string Contact Hutch.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    An aftermarket custom string Contact Hutch.
    Oh yessir!! it is a Hutch string !! he did a wonderful job!! fast, great workmanship, outstanding service, I try to tell everyone to go to Hutch,after it was on took me until now to get to shoot it but, string settled in, in about 7-8 shots. EVERYONE GO TO HUTCH FOR STRINGS !!
    It's made of the older material, the newer material doesn't give enough ( not as stretchy) and would cause limb self destruction, so there is gonna be some twist, this is according to Bill, just curios if there's any tricks, or maybe try it without it ( the tube) or go to a triple strand type, thinking it may work a little better and not be so bad if it twists rather than a double strand peep
    and besides he and his family are a great bunch, fun, honest, humble, though I only know them from here, I'm impressed and glad to have met them, ( even you Brad )
    Derik
    Last edited by macflash; 04-09-2013 at 06:49 PM.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yessir!! it is a Hutch string !! he did a wonderful job!! fast, great workmanship, outstanding service, I try to tell everyone to go to Hutch,after it was on took me until now to get to shoot it but, string settled in, in about 7-8 shots. EVERYONE GO TO HUTCH FOR STRINGS !!
    It's made of the older material, the newer material doesn't give enough ( not as stretchy) and would cause limb self destruction, so there is gonna be some twist, this is according to Bill, just curios if there's any tricks, or maybe try it without it ( the tube) or go to a triple strand type, thinking it may work a little better and not be so bad if it twists rather than a double strand peep
    and besides he and his family are a great bunch, fun, honest, humble, though I only know them from here, I'm impressed and glad to have met them, ( even you Brad )
    Derik
    Ok Derik, if you want me to.....LOL

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Derik
    In that case, I'd remove the tubbing peep and replace it with any regular peep, as soon as your new string has settled. It may turn a bit while drawing, but will be consistant. It also may take some adjusting to get the peep in the proper place, adding or subtracting a twist or two ( maybe more ) until it settles into the proper spot at full draw, but you'll be pleased with the results, and will gain some speed over the old tubed peep.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Ok Derik, if you want me to.....LOL

A.S
    LMAO , I DID NOT PUT THAT THERE !!! YOU BRAT !!LOL I love this place ! people at work wonder why I have trouble breathing and crying all the time ... laughin'

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    In that case, I'd remove the tubbing peep and replace it with any regular peep, as soon as your new string has settled. It may turn a bit while drawing, but will be consistant. It also may take some adjusting to get the peep in the proper place, adding or subtracting a twist or two ( maybe more ) until it settles into the proper spot at full draw, but you'll be pleased with the results, and will gain some speed over the old tubed peep.
    E.S.
    thanks I will give it a shot, anyone have a preference of 2 or 3 thread peeps, and with an A2A of 43 I want the ... lesser degree peep correct?
    Bill any thoughts, it's your string my friend, you think she'll stay put?
    derik

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Post Thanks / Like

A pink Meta. Actually I do like the Meta peep, I chose the pink one so I can see it coming, and make sure its twisting right with out loosing focus beyond the sights.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)