Thread: Serving a peep

Post Thanks / Like

Default Serving a peep

I can't find the thread/video that I thought was here ( maybe AT) about serving in a peep, I think Hutch posted it but ... sigh, yeah I get in trouble for thinking
    Does anyone remember seeing it, and/or can you point me in the right direction
    Mac
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Post Thanks / Like

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LU4XE2ryNMM I believe this is what you want?
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Sonny Thomas

Default Serving a peep

OMG! Serving a peep is like falling off a log. Do it in my sleep. There is simple and there is the extreme and all in between. Serving can be just about any string material, Button & Carpet thread (30 cents?), string material like 452X, tying string, and regular serving string (.025" is a bit much). Heck, I had bow coming once that had the peep served with coated tiny radio wire (nuts, but it worked).

Simple is nothing but overhand knots on each side of the string, pulled tight each knot. 8 knots and finish with a square knot. Start from peep side and knot away from. I burn back the tag ends and sometimes dab with super glue. Do above and below peep some distance to get good knots. Slipping the knots is tough! They won't hardly move, but will. Don't push knots too close to the peep! Like a Fletcher or Super Peep, 3/8" is close enough and maybe too close. If wanting the peep tied, okay, you can do it separate from the knots. Good peeps, Fletchers and Super Peep, you can still move without tearing up your bow string. Just move whichever serving knot a bit, move peep, move serving knot more and just keep repeating. Once peep is where you want it, move opposite serving knot to peep.

I have never lost a peep that wasn't tied in due to regular use. Broken bow string, yep, they will fly out, but if the bow string breaks at the peep, the peep is gone regardless of being tied in.

For my own bows, rarely do I serve as per standard serving in a peep. I do knots. Plain, simple, can fix in the field, not that regular serving can't be done in the field. I carry a piece of serving in my carry bag just in case (never needed it though).

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty decent video

2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

perfect guys,
    those are the videos I was looking for and thank you Sonny, never really thought about having to repair in the field, that does sound like the better way to go, Though learning to serve correctly wouldn't hurt.
    I love this place,
    Mac
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters