Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other Hobbies

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx Alex. Great hobby, albeit a darned expensive one. The cost of an average one week trip is about $2500 and I have about $6000 tied up in video gear. I average about 5 trips a year.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin/Rytera Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

The memories you get worth the money, Barry! And archery isn't very cheap either
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

wow huge sharks that's for sure. really nice & instructional vid , now I see that the Fiji marine life resemble approx. 50% of the U.S. voting population, lol... looks like all goes well until the hand outs stop.
    how many hours is the flight down there?

Post Thanks / Like

The flight is 10.5 hours (red eye) from L.A. From the airport in Fiji to the resort I stayed in is 3 hours by bus and another 1 hour by boat to Bega Isladn Resort.

I live in Pa and when I travel that far I leave at least a day early and get a hotel room in L.A. Figure I may as well do sme sightseeing while in California. I've got some trips tentatively planned for places like Palau which means 36 hours of travel time--each way. Trips like this I'll go for two or three weeks.

The Phlippines is one of my favorite places. They're English speaking and I know of one resort where I can do 15 days (including airfare) for the price of one week in the Bahamas or Virgin Islands. Needless to say, I go places that seldom see a cruise ship. This also means I just about live in a bathing suit (or wet suit) and sandals. OK, so I do have to wear a T-shirt for dinner. Easy living has it's merits.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin/Rytera Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver