Thread: Back Tension Hinge release practice...

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Back Tension Hinge release practice...

Started practicing today with the Stan Black Pearl DS and found this video by bowman123ish on youtube.com along with Sonny's many comments regarding this and I think I am getting off to a good start. I made a sting out of d-loop material to practice with, set the Morex to a medium kind of setting and also installed the training pin to practice with. This video although many will criticize it for not suggesting correct form, helps the beginner to see how a bt works and how to begin to set it up and practice with it.
    Addendum: 4:30 AM on a Saturday morning practicing back tension release, LOL, I think I have drank the Kool-Aid!

STAN BLACK PEARL DS

How to Use a back Tension Release

Last edited by peace; 03-30-2013 at 02:26 AM.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Sonny Thomas

Default Back Tension Hinge release practice...

RUN! HIDE! DUCK! Peace is practicing with a hinge!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

You Got that Right, LOL! Someone had a mountain lion target up at the range before I got there and I shot that bad boy twice in the foot at ten yards, LOL!

I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.

Sonny Thomas

Well, you said you went over a bunch about back tension. I took bits and pieces from just about all along with what was the same in all...sort of. You work things out for you, not anyone in particular. IE, no two people a like.

I like what Padget has, but having a pulling post I like something of a safety and the pulling post is the safety. So I sort of blended his with the pulling post. All set, aiming, ease off the pulling post and wait for the shot to happen. Okay, he has the release set so it goes off sort of on it's own, you just holding, but keeping the back tension that you have with the draw... You have to be on target for sure because the release is going to fire no matter what. As you get use to the release you add a colder setting. Now, I did this during a indoor match and did well...for me, 299. Yep, just held on the target until the release fired.

Can't remember if I noted this; Hey, when it's cold out, muscles don't work all that well. I know. Now, a week ago or so I did some flip flopping, used the MoreX BlackJack for one shot and then one shot with my ST360. I got the peep set so both shoot to point of aim...for 20 yards. I did pretty good.
    I had set a goal of switching strickly to my hinge for this year, but cold, indoor 3D Qualifiers and muscle soreness has put a dampener on this. Hopefully, it will warm up so I can practice more.

Again, I can really tell when my release arm isn't in position as the release just doesn't want to agree with me; "I ain't firing! And if you force me I'm going to make it hard and throwin' your arrow where ever I want!" Mealy mouthed release

And that's the down side of people saying you can use back tension to fire any release. Yeah, sure will, but a index or thumb release is going to fire no matter what and regardless of where your release arm is.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny, Well the conversation has begun, because the dang thing told me exactly that, I ain't shooting till I want to. LOL! I thought from string practicing and using the training pin I had set it close but when I got to the range with the bow it was a whole other thing. I had to speed up the Morex by a whole other turn. Yet when it works right, or when I work it right it is a whole other realm. so I am giving myself through the summer. While my wife was ill I really did neglect my physical conditioning so I have all kinds of aches and pains, but it hurts good. I had a slight case of Archer's elbow so I am doing some exercises with light weights to work on that.

I do believe the payoff with the hinge release will be tremendous so it is worth the journey. Know that at less one person on here is following your threads closely.

SMARTEN UP AND MARTIN UP

Sonny Thomas

If speaking of me, as long as someone is trying I'll stick with them until they drop. I got it easy with just a keyboard to pound on

Oh yeah, even strong muscles get sore from doing something they ain't use to. After my first full day of using a hinge I had muscles aching I never knew I had.