Thread: Just got my NFAA membership card...

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Just got my NFAA membership card...

I am confused about the handicap card and what I am supposed to do with that, there is a local tournament (translated anywhere in the state of Connecticut) in about 8 days so hopefully I can be ready for that. I am not sure if I can make it through a whole two rounds but I am going to give it a try. Will probably only shoot old arrows. I tried out my two Seekers today and they both group precisely now I just have to get them on the X. Can't focus on pictures yet while I am fine tuning. I do not understand how people can discount and not seek out bows like the Nemesis, FireCat, Pantera, Onza. Unbelievable! I see little that impresses me like my Seekers. Any person that has an archer's heart has got to love the bow. It is fun to watch the guys in the bow shop, act cool when they really what to give them a try. Anyone that shoots them is impressed. I guess the same mentality that got Obama elected even a second time is present in the archery world. Glad I am set free to blaze my own trail.

SMARTEN UP AND MARTIN UP
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Sonny Thomas

Default Just got my NFAA membership card...

I was a NFAA member for ??? 5 or 6 years and never saw the Handicap card used.

So NFAA member, you are. I thought of re-newing my membership, but seems all the events are beyond reason, distance and overnight stays. Our IAA has 3 Championships, Indoor (2 days), Outdoor (1 day) and Field/Hunter (2 days). They also have a NFAA 5 Spot and Vega Face for each zone that leads to a Aggregate Award between zones. We have 3 zones, Northern, Central and Southern. Think there is a Spring Opener for each zone which is normally Field Round, 14 or 28 lanes as hosting club. The have a Spring and Fall Rendezvous, 3Ds, but more less a get together fun shoots. Fees for Championships are $25, $10 for Aggregates, $10 and $12, I think, for the Rendevzous.

Now, mostly if you place or win you get a $2.85 medal (gold, bronze, silver). Championships, Patch, medal, start pin for Field and sometimes a plaque (I think). The Rendevzous give Plaques and place pins.

And then dues. Ours is $60.00.

Well, there isn't that many Martins around our area and I have never seen a used one anywhere. I bought a 2008 Leopard for $90 - his asking price. I have shot the Firecat, Onza, Nemesis, Alien X, Bengal, Leopard, and Shadowcat of course. Of the shorties, and they all shot good, I'd rather have the Nemesis.

Post Thanks / Like

Heaven, Sonny we know you have shot all of those I am talking about the Matthews, Hoyt, Bowtech and PSE nations. I somehow figured the handicap card was worthless but the little pocket rule guide is pretty cool.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com