Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First signs of spring?

Post Thanks / Like

Default First signs of spring?

I saw and heard my first Sandhill Crane of the year.

I can't stand those cranes. I like all nature, but one of the least is those cranes. We have tons of them here spring, summer and fall. They are noisy and cause problems and are a protected bird here.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the weather report 2-4" of snow tonite so much for spring someone need to shoot a ground hog early spring my but
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

I heard they were talking about putting Puxatauny Phil, or however you spell it, on trial and asking for the DEATH PENALTY!

Our ground hog in Wisconsin said 6 more weeks of winter and so far he is spot on ... and to think I wanted to shoot him when he claimed that!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spring here.

This is our Spring:

Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

Post Thanks / Like

LOL
    Hail, snow, rain, wind,itchy watery red eyes, stuffy nose, .. yep spring is here, crazy weather up here for the last 2 weeks
    robins, woodpeckers, Bald eagles, chickadees, couple of deer, Bunnies for days in the yard.
    I feel the same way about seagulls, needs to be an open season on them
    Mac
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Post Thanks / Like

These loons returned early this winter or they never left, found them while ice fishing late last month; third one in the background:

They are related to penguins but normally aren't on the ice, they fly further South.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

Post Thanks / Like

yep I had 2" of snow Thursday, Friday was wet and windy, This weekend was the nicest couple of days in months. Supposed to be back to clouds and rain tomorrow...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Sonny Thomas

Default First signs of spring?

Spring? Yeah, right. Snow started earlier yesterday and didn't stop until sometime this morning. One station noted 8" and another 10".
    I woke to my radio alarm clock and hearing cancelations longer than my leg.

Opened the back door just to shovel the snow off the steps so I could get to the ground. I shoveled off the 4' X 10" black place mat we have in front of the steps and headed for my ATV. I had the snow blade on and just needed gased. It was right where I parked it, but the heavy snow had the limbs on our Cedar tree near touching the ground, my ATV helping support probably what would have been broken limbs. Long pole and some whacking relieved many of the branches I could reach.

Plowed snow for better part of 2 hours without a break. I had to make the first few passes on our drive with the blade up! Yeah, that deep.

I saw a Wanted Poster for the Ground Hog. They want him nailed for fraud.
    Also saw a cartoon about out Spring. Man at the window yells to his wife; "Spring is here. Robins are here." Yep, Robins and only their feet sticking up out of the snow.

Post Thanks / Like

Just had a juvenile Golden eagle ( had to be just out of spots) hang out in one of the trees yesterday, .... not sure why we have a huge supply of predatory birds this year, out of the 17 I've been there this is the first
    Mac
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macflash View Post
    Just had a juvenile Golden eagle ( had to be just out of spots) hang out in one of the trees yesterday, .... not sure why we have a huge supply of predatory birds this year, out of the 17 I've been there this is the first
    Mac
    Possibly waiting for you the let the cat out, maybe hunting has been poor for them?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade