Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Martin Silencer Pro w/ Fury XT single cam-convert to HybriX?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 Martin Silencer Pro w/ Fury XT single cam-convert to HybriX?

That's the question- can I install the Hybrix 2.0 cams on this bow, and then use the stock strings and cables that are used on this bow when its equipped with the nitro cams?

Post Thanks / Like

The short answer is yes you can. However, you may need to change limb deflection as well to reach a specific draw weight as the leverage of the cams are different. That, and the cost of replacing the cams is high enough you would probably be better off picking up a good used Silencer with the Nitro cams already on it and be ahead price wise....
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    The short answer is yes you can. However, you may need to change limb deflection as well to reach a specific draw weight as the leverage of the cams are different. That, and the cost of replacing the cams is high enough you would probably be better off picking up a good used Silencer with the Nitro cams already on it and be ahead price wise....
    The very reason I didn't do it on my '08 Cheetah.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Not worth the cost it to do it. The cams on their own are expensive and you'd possibly have to get new limbs and you would need a new string set. If you want Hybrix/Nitro cams, just buy the model with the Hybrix/Nitro.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    The very reason I didn't do it on my '08 Cheetah.
    Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Not worth the cost it to do it. The cams on their own are expensive and you'd possibly have to get new limbs and you would need a new string set. If you want Hybrix/Nitro cams, just buy the model with the Hybrix/Nitro.
    ding,ding,ding.winner winner chicken dinner

joelc

A complete cam set and strings retails at $403...you would likely pay much less at most shops but it would still be significant.

OR...you could find the oldest, most broken, outdated Martin bow from a pawn shop or yard sale for $10-$20...give me a call at 800-541-8902. I can offer you up to $175 trade in credit towards a 2012 Silencer with nitro cams and you'd be looking at a brand new bow for $375 + shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

okayyyy.....
    I'm convinced-it's not such a good idea.
    I'm going to purchase either the silencer or the cougar with nitro cams.
    I have an '09 Alien X with the Hybrix 2.0 cams and it just shoots beautifully.
    Thanks for the (sobering) info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    A complete cam set and strings retails at $403...you would likely pay much less at most shops but it would still be significant.

OR...you could find the oldest, most broken, outdated Martin bow from a pawn shop or yard sale for $10-$20...give me a call at 800-541-8902. I can offer you up to $175 trade in credit towards a 2012 Silencer with nitro cams and you'd be looking at a brand new bow for $375 + shipping.
    Really debating this trade in business ... Is $175 a flat rate for all bows or is there a sliding scale of some sort?
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Really debating this trade in business ... Is $175 a flat rate for all bows or is there a sliding scale of some sort?

So far it's a minimum of $150-$175...doesn't really matter what bow you trade in. It has more to do with what quantities and models are available, margins, planetary alignment, if I'm in a bad mood, etc.. For an Exile the discount was $150...for the Onza it was about $175. We're pretty much down to Pantera and both cam versions on the Silencer.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you guy's do with all the old traded-in bows...sell them to Mathews R&D department?