Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Martin Silencer Pro w/ Fury XT single cam-convert to HybriX?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeanRM View Post
    What do you guy's do with all the old traded-in bows...sell them to Mathews R&D department?
    Was wondering the same thing ... I think the trade in would be pretty sweet deal. My Dad has an older Cheetah and has expressed some interest in a new bow. Not sure he would do it, but if I had the jing, I'd consider sending my 07 Cheetah in. Wouldn't mind having another bow on hand, but the Onza would be my goal
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by DeanRM View Post
    What do you guy's do with all the old traded-in bows...sell them to Mathews R&D department?
    In a few cases we will recondition vintage parts so long as they are sound and keep them on-hand just in case anyone needs something. With a limited supply of these older parts it comes in handy. Other parts will be tested for integrity purposes. Much of it is simply recycled.

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Was wondering the same thing ... I think the trade in would be pretty sweet deal. My Dad has an older Cheetah and has expressed some interest in a new bow. Not sure he would do it, but if I had the jing, I'd consider sending my 07 Cheetah in. Wouldn't mind having another bow on hand, but the Onza would be my goal

My advice...dont send in anything that is in usable condition...especially if it is less than 10 years old. The Cheetah is still a great bow...no need to send it to the bone pile just yet. Go to pawn shops, craigslist, yard sales, etc. Buy the cheapest, oldest, crustiest relic you can find.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    My advice...dont send in anything that is in usable condition...especially if it is less than 10 years old. The Cheetah is still a great bow...no need to send it to the bone pile just yet. Go to pawn shops, craigslist, yard sales, etc. Buy the cheapest, oldest, crustiest relic you can find.
    Well thanks for being honest! I'll spread the word bird.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

joelc

Well thanks for being honest! I'll spread the word bird.
    Do it! I've been movin bows like crazy!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking to purchase new bow ...

Speaking of the Onza - What can some of you owners tell me about this bow that would convince me to buy it ?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say that for the money, its the best bow in the line up, if you want a dual cam and like a little longer axle to axle. Its fast, quiet, holds steady as a rock. Some don't like the bridged riser, and some prefer a shorter bow. Thats up to you.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't the Onza only 33" ata? That's still on my personal "short bow" list. I haven't seen one in a shop to shoot.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

yep, its 33". Long compared to most bows these days lol. I figure its the best of both worlds; not too short, not too long, just right!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps