Thread: "Which biscuit"

BOWNHEAD

Question "Which biscuit"

Hello Im new to the forum and setting up a p3elite for hunting.I want to use a lockmount / whiker biscuit. I shoot beman black max 400, this is a small diameter shaft like the axis. I have read the small biscuit is recomended, but the medium carbon will work. Wondering if the extra room in the medium would be benificial versus the small having constant friction on the shaft with no give.

milesrhit10

I shoot maxima carbon 350's and the small whisker biscuit doesnt create that much friction on the arrow. After you shoot a few rounds through em they work like a dream. I would stick with the small size. if anything, take an arrow and test it out. Hope this helps.

flytier17

The whiskers are not meant to encompass the arrow. The arrow rests on them, contacting only the bottom bristles. Ask the diehard biscuit fans who really know how to use and tune one, and they will say the Aluminum size is good for all.

BOWNHEAD

Thanks for the info guys. I told myself I would not shoot a biscuit when setting up this bow. I never liked the idea of my fletchings passing through anything but a deer. But I like a containment rest in hunting situations like my old stalkmaster. Any oppinions on: nap 360, hostage, t doodle zapper?

flytier17

I would say that the most tunable containment is the Catawba Still-Shot. Check out the review on huntersfriend.