Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slippery Grip

Sonny Thomas

Default Slippery Grip

Quote Originally Posted by macflash View Post
    Wow every day I read in these pages adds to the list of thing I need to try. ////// lol sigh you guys are killin me
    Aaaaa. You love it and you know it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Aaaaa. You love it and you know it
    LMAO, thats the bad part Sonny, I do !! I really do!!!,
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Pyro

That explanes why i seem to shoot better on cold days as im normal wearing possum fur gloves which are rather slick against most things, tryed driving with them once didnt last till the end of the drive way before i had to take them off...

Sonny Thomas

Default Slippery Grip

Archery and being good; Doing everything the same way each and every time. If the hand slips to where it won't slip any more then it's the same each and every time.

Easy test; Hold bow so hand is slightly down from the shelf and deepest part of the riser grip and shoot. Then let the bow slip to where it won't slip any more and shoot. Did the arrow have a different point of impact?

Many years ago some archers so deep in archery would have their hand tattoo so they held the bow the same way each and every time. I've got a picture somewhere. Drastic? Yeah, but I guess it worked.

Side note; Barry probably doesn't come up with trivia like the above so not to tell of his age

Post Thanks / Like

What I did when I got my Shadowcat, dipped my hand in a bucket of water.
    Drew the bow back and it found its sweet spot. Now it goes home on every shot.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.