Thread: Nitro 1.5 cams module holes drilled incorrectly

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nitro 1.5 cams module holes drilled incorrectly

I have a 2011 shadowcat noticed that the drilled holes in the modules of the cam are not equidistant and the threads for some holes are cut into the threads of the holes next to them...Is this normal or is this a defect in that the holes where not drilled in the proper spots...I have attached a picture of one of the modules..both of them look like this...the first hole is 27" and measured on my drawboard, I get 28.5"...could this be caused by the holes not being drilled in the correct locations?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sonny Thomas

Shadowcats have always checked long on draw length, at least the 1.5 cams were. All 3 of the Shadowcats I shot and owned were long on draw length. All checked right at 28 1/2" set to 27". My present 2011 Shadowcat, my 3rd, is set to 27" and checks 28 1/4" with the bow string twisted up.

If the holes were drilled off location the opposing group of holes would most likely not line up, match. Okay, one screw would go in and the other screw wouldn't.

Look at both sets of holes. Each group of holes are on a different radius. Start with the screws; the first 3 holes are close, but so are the opposing group of holes. The next holes are a bit farther from the 3rd and the opposing hole is the same from the 3rd hole. The 5th holes are the same way, a bit farther from the 4th holes. And then the 5th, 6th and 7th close up again as do the 5th, 6th and 7th opposing holes.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny:

Noticed the same thing you described and my shadowcat with the nitro 2.0 cams are the same way...guess that is how they are supposed to be..learning something new everyday...still having issues shooting my cat, but I think I have form issues to work on...seems like I have a long bad habit of lifting my release shoulder up which points my elbow up...think that causes a torque on the bow, throwing my sight bubble off and then causing left hits...going to work on relaxing both my shoulders tonight at league

Sonny Thomas

I've posted pictures of hand to riser in here, but I'll put on one again. The entire corner of the palm of the hand does not make contact, should not make contact.

Me; I like a bend in my bow arm, elbow pointing somewhat of 45 degrees just like the bow hand should. This gives something of a shock absorber and allows pressure forward. Not so much pressure, but giving the strong bow arm effect. Pushing with the bow arm can cause torque and unwanted shakiness.

Stance;
    Feet straight down from the shoulders is well noted, but more like straight down from the arm pits.

Stand erect, head up, just like a steel stake drove down the middle of your head, down your neck and back and out...yeah.

I'd rather see the knees locked than bent, just straight is desired.

Address the target, turn head.

Bow comes to you, not you going to the bow.

If you have to move your head around to look through the peep, then the peep needs moved and move than likely higher. The only reason the head should move is but a tiny bit to get "nose to string" contact many want.

Regardless of being at full draw the body should be relaxed. Relaxed, obtaining the sight picture will be much easier.

90% of all bad shots are caused by the bow arm. Best accuracy comes from being on the wall.

That which will detract from the above; draw length too long, too much draw weight.

All over bow fit correct and shooting is so much easier.

Sonny Thomas

Try as I did I can't get a super clean picture like your, rdhj. But I think this gives that your cams aren't the only ones drilled as your.

Post Thanks / Like

All the cam mods I have had and have are drilled this same way.
    The best way I found to shoot the Shadowcat is to pull all the garbage off the bow and toss it in the trash.
    Non-sights and fingers is the only way to go with this bow.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.