Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: String stops

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same issue on and older pantera, bought a 5/16 rod. Fabercated it; by heating it up with a touch and putting a bend in the rod. Had to cut to size. Painted it black and used electrical tap at the end so the string stop would fit. Under five bucks.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    That string stop that bolts to the front by the stabilizer - IT SUCKS!
    It does its job. It just looks like crap. I'm going to put my Exile on a drill press and drill it to accept the 3/8" rod
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tosi View Post
    I had the same issue on and older pantera, bought a 5/16 rod. Fabercated it; by heating it up with a touch and putting a bend in the rod. Had to cut to size. Painted it black and used electrical tap at the end so the string stop would fit. Under five bucks.
    Even better for those who don't have access to a metal lathe.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Sonny Thomas

Default String stops

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    I had the same thing, had to tap those 2 holes on a Onza III. No problem. Still got the tap. Cost of tap was darn near nothing, 2 or 3 dollars.

That string stop that bolts to the front by the stabilizer - IT SUCKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    It does its job. It just looks like crap. I'm going to put my Exile on a drill press and drill it to accept the 3/8" rod
    Well, the one I worked on was trouble right off the bat. One, the owner's stab didn't have a bolt long enough to get through the mounting hole and into the quick disconnect barrel nut. Two, using a longer arrow rest bolt we got the thing tight, but really had to hold the STS in place until the bolt was dang tight. So the owner left to find a longer bolt for his stabilizer.