Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My re-done 2007 Jaguar

Post Thanks / Like

Default My re-done 2007 Jaguar

I've done some refinishing on my 07 Jaguar since the original finish was showing wear and I wanted a new look. Also, I don't prefer large, thick grips. So I borrowed some of HawgEnvy's ideas and went to work. These photos will have to work for now until I get outdoors to take the photos.

A.S

Jaguar 1.jpgJaguar 2.jpgJaguar 3.jpgJaguar 4.jpgJaguar 5.jpg
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

The strings will be changed eventually to red and black to match the bow.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, Brad. What did you use to camo the grip? Are you going to paint the cam/idler when you change strings? Black cam/idler, red mod...good job on the makeover.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

nice job
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    Very nice, Brad. What did you use to camo the grip? Are you going to paint the cam/idler when you change strings? Black cam/idler, red mod...good job on the makeover.
    Thanks Hawg. I printed Next G1 camo (to match my limbs) on a piece of paper, and fit it into the grip behind the Plexi-glass. You probably noticed the red mod, and I might just paint the cam and idler wheel black. I had been thinking about changing their color, and I just might do it.

The stabilizer is now black instead of gray, and I'm probably going to paint my 8" one the same color.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN RING View Post
    nice job
    Thanks TR.

A.S
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 04-03-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like what you did with it, Martin should be doing something similar. A finish that can take abuse of hunting and trekking the forests. That is some pounds to pull back huh (75#).

Post Thanks / Like

nicely done, almost like having a new bow isn't it?
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alienshooter View Post
    I like what you did with it, Martin should be doing something similar. A finish that can take abuse of hunting and trekking the forests. That is some pounds to pull back huh (75#).
    Thanks. The bow originally had 70 lbs. limbs, but after a couple replacements I now have 75 lb. limbs. I have it set at 60 lbs. right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    nicely done, almost like having a new bow isn't it?
    Thanks wabbit. It's definitely not too far from like new.

A.S

Post Thanks / Like

Yep looks pretty good, good idea on the side plates.That paint looks thick....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Yep looks pretty good, good idea on the side plates.That paint looks thick....
    Thanks. Truck bed liner seems to work pretty well. I will be also painting the cam and idler black to match the riser.

A.S