Thread: martin shadowcat letoff

Post Thanks / Like

Default martin shadowcat letoff

Hi all,
    i am a new user of this forum,
    and i would like to know if it is possible to have some other
    cams for Shadowcat 2011, 29" AMO drawlength (actually i have NytroCam 1.5 letoff 80%)
    that permits to have a 65% letoff. I shoot with backtension, so i prefer a lower letoff.

Thank to all,
    have a nice shoot!

Sonny Thomas

Not quite understanding your question. You have NitroCams that can range from 80% down to zero if you do things right and you say 65% is not low enough? You want less than 65%?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Not quite understanding your question. You have NitroCams that can range from 80% down to zero if you do things right and you say 65% is not low enough? You want less than 65%?
    Sorry if my question wasn't enough clear.
    My NitroCam 1.5 has 80% nominal letoff.
    I would like to have 65% letoff!

So, i ask if i have to change cams or i can setup the drawstop
    in order to achieve 65% letoff with these cams without problems.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

You can achive 65% let-off by using a longer draw setting and moving the draw stop closer towards the Minus mark. I am sure that someone who shoots the Shadowcat will be along to tell you exactly how its done. Meanwhile, search "Shadowcat" and you'll find a lot of post on that very subject. Welcome to the site. My ole dinasaur Slayer is much easier, just bolt on the 65% modules.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 04-05-2013 at 07:49 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I understand. In your intitial setup you set the module to your desired draw length. Then you set the draw stop to give you the best feel for valley and/or letoff. This creates what we refer to as "the wall". You can use the draw stop to fine tune your draw length. I'll assume you have this part done. So now the draw length is correct by using the draw stop. Now to change the letoff you leave the draw stop alone and move the module to the next longer setting.

This reduces letoff, but understand that it also creates a lesser valley. I've never done this myself but I do know the procedure.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I understand. In your intitial setup you set the module to your desired draw length. Then you set the draw stop to give you the best feel for valley and/or letoff. This creates what we refer to as "the wall". You can use the draw stop to fine tune your draw length. I'll assume you have this part done. So now the draw length is correct by using the draw stop. Now to change the letoff you leave the draw stop alone and move the module to the next longer setting.

This reduces letoff, but understand that it also creates a lesser valley. I've never done this myself but I do know the procedure.

x2 ^^^
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Sonny Thomas

Will add; Cams slaved together there is no worry of cam going out of sync. If you do, hang on as the Cat cams will want to go...

Post Thanks / Like

Ok,
    thank you all, the most important information for me is that
    tuning drawlength and letoff in this manner (that i already known)
    can't causes problem to the bow, also moving a lot from the nominal
    80% of Martin technical specification and going down to 65%.

Hear you next time!