Default gun control

MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Gun control is hitting what you're aiming at! This is the target I used to sight in my Win M70 .270 when I put the Leupold VX III on her.

http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Gun control means using both hands, NOT putting my name and weapons on a national/international registry or getting an ammunition voucher to control how much I can purchase. I'm beginning to feel like maybe I should move to Texas sometime in the future.... No income tax, less stringent gun control, less crime, but also less public land to hunt on... decisions decisions
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

My gun control .... Buy guns, that way I can control them and the government doesn't need to worry about them!

I am not sure this is where I should vent this but....

I am sure that most of you have realized a supposed shortage of ammunition for most calibers. At least the more common ones. We all blame the government for this shortage, but in fact we are the ones causing it, in more than one way. First, we have allowed the people to be voted in that want to remove our guns by thinking it will never happen. Second, we heard that there was an ammunition shortage so we all ran out and purchased large caches of ammunition. Now we see the empty shelves and say, "ammunition shortage is real". Now when we do see a caliber of ammunition that we have a gun for we buy it, not just one box, but as many as the store will allow us. I have seen people online selling ammunition at grossly inflated prices because they have accumulated huge caches of it. STOP, don't buy it. People's greed and taking advantage of a bad situation.

I do not have a large cache of ammunition, no more now than I have ever had at any one time. I do like to go out and shoot, but that has been curtailed a bit because I can not replace what I would normally use. Even reloading supplies are hard to find.

I have been called a gun nut and a bow nut, but when people I know have a problem with their gun or bow, who do they ask first? The nut.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    My gun control .... Buy guns, that way I can control them and the government doesn't need to worry about them!

I am sure that most of you have realized a supposed shortage of ammunition for most calibers. At least the more common ones. We all blame the government for this shortage, but in fact we are the ones causing it, in more than one way. First, we have allowed the people to be voted in that want to remove our guns by thinking it will never happen. Second, we heard that there was an ammunition shortage so we all ran out and purchased large caches of ammunition. Now we see the empty shelves and say, "ammunition shortage is real". Now when we do see a caliber of ammunition that we have a gun for we buy it, not just one box, but as many as the store will allow us. I have seen people online selling ammunition at grossly inflated prices because they have accumulated huge caches of it. STOP, don't buy it. People's greed and taking advantage of a bad situation.

I do not have a large cache of ammunition, no more now than I have ever had at any one time. I do like to go out and shoot, but that has been curtailed a bit because I can not replace what I would normally use. Even reloading supplies are hard to find.

I have been called a gun nut and a bow nut, but when people I know have a problem with their gun or bow, who do they ask first? The nut.

Mike
    Since this shortage has began, the price paid for used reloading dies in the common calibers has incresed on ebay.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Sonny Thomas

Default gun control

I was quite surprised at the lack of reloading supplies and ammunition when a fellow archer informed me.
    He couldn't find primers or bullets for his new .45 auto. I gave a list of where I usually found supplies and he came up empty! Having a supply of items needed I sold him some.

At one time I was shooting some 7,000 rounds of .44 magnums alone in one year. I then competed. I went through almost the same with .45 auto and again I was competing. Of competing I used both jacketed and cast bullets. Jacketed bullets were the call for Silhouette shooting, Combat and hunting. Cast I used for practice and hunting. I probably have that many jacketed and cast bullets on-hand and probably 25 pounds of powder.

Rifles I used for competing and coyotes and some testing and I have a good supply to keep them shooting for a good while.

My wife probably goes through more .41 mag ammo than most men shoot in 3 years!

Post Thanks / Like

Keep your booger hook off the trigger until you are ready to fire ... see this way too often with the bone-head grabbers in their pictures.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post

Mike
    Here Here sir. I'm with you....
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Sonny Thomas

Default gun control

I understand there a few Governors telling Obama they will not abide by his decree or Federal Law.
    Just heard Congress won't support his plan.

Looks like a few states have opened theirselves up for a lawsuit. Directive that they want, a safety measure in some instances, those who own firearms are not fully liable to pay for clerical work as a whole. In other words, if the "people" want tighter gun control they should also pay for such gun control measures.

What really is standing in Obama's way is screwing with a $30 billion industry. Rip guns and a whole bunch of tax dollars is lost and some will a lot of jobs, both firearms and hunting.