Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Riser Problem, Any Suggestions.....Part 1

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy A Riser Problem, Any Suggestions.....Part 1

I purchased a couple of bare Rytera Seekers from KM Archery Hut, the first one arrived on a Tuesday and the second one arrived on Thursday about a month ago.

When I setup up the first bow, (Images 1 & 2)the Tuesday bow and fired her, the handle moved forward at the bottom a good bit, (Images 3 & 4) fired again and she moved forward at the bottom again, fired once more and she moved forward just a wee bit. Unloosened the bolt and moved her back and she did the same thing subsequently, torqued her down with a hex socket, extension and ratchet and she did the same. Set her aside and set up the second bow no problems other than just getting the rest right. Came back to this last night and decided to unloosen the bolt and see exactly what I was dealing with.

1 Before Drawing Bow Handle is Even

2 Before Drawing Bow - Closeup

3 After Drawing the Bow Handle is Uneven 5/8"

4 After Drawing the Bow - Closep
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy A Riser Problem, Any Suggestions...Part 2

From the images (Images 5 & 6)you can see that the hole in the handle is an extended oval looking like when the hole was originally drilled it was off center and then was drilled again thus creating two intersecting holes and no longer a circle but an extended oval. Here is where I believe the movement in the handle lives.

5 Handle Hole

6 Handle Hole - Closeup.

I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that certainly sucks! If it was just the grip moving, i was going to suggest a piece of rubber under that collar. Hope Joel steps up to the plate for ya
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    Well that certainly sucks! If it was just the grip moving, i was going to suggest a piece of rubber under that collar. Hope Joel steps up to the plate for ya
    Yep! Matter of fact that was on my mind when I first started to disassemble it but the collar is alright. I also thought that maybe the grip section would need to be grind down but when I saw the pivot that is created by the hole I knew that was the problem.

Post Script: took the top collar off to check the hole and it was a single centered hole so the double centered extended oval at the bottom was not the intended design. I was going to try to see if grinding down the grip where the collar is, but I am convinced the movement comes from the oval opening. That is my opinion from the perspective I have, customer service may have another more informed perspective.
    Last edited by peace; 04-07-2013 at 10:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default On the case...

Talked to Joel C. and as per Martin policy he referred me to Brandon at KM Archery Hut whom will take care of this grip problem. Martin Archery and its distributors are on the case. I think people have problems when they don't communicate properly. Martin has a policy of placing the responsibility in the distributors hands first, sounds like a sound business practice to me. I should have contacted KM Archery Hut first and then allowed the standard operating procedure to take place, my bad on that.

I have ran a few businesses in my lifetime, good help IS hard to find. Someone double screwing a hole to coverup a mistake is something that can happen. Quality of work as an ethic has been waning in America for quite some time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bottom grip hole

Peace, the bottom grip hole might be designed to be a slot rather than a round hole, to allow the grip angle to be adjustable. If it had holes on the top and bottom, you would not be able to adjust the grip angle.

The clamps might have to be modified (thinned)in the slot area, or the grip made a little thinner to get the proper clamping force on the carbon rod.

Good luck...and let us know how you like the bow!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeanRM View Post
    Peace, the bottom grip hole might be designed to be a slot rather than a round hole, to allow the grip angle to be adjustable. If it had holes on the top and bottom, you would not be able to adjust the grip angle.

The clamps might have to be modified (thinned)in the slot area, or the grip made a little thinner to get the proper clamping force on the carbon rod.

Good luck...and let us know how you like the bow!
    That was my original thought and I was looking initially to see if the grip needed to be thinned or the clamp was not able to be tight enough. I wanted to hear from Martin before I resorted to the grinder, but I will have to disassemble my good Seeker which I didn't want to do after getting it to a good state of tune, to see what a good hole looks like.

Post Thanks / Like

Minor problems aside, what are your overall opinions on the Seeker? To me it's a pretty crazy design/concept and not sure I'd want to have one, but definitely curious to how they perform ... could eventually change my mind.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

The Seeker is just plain SWEET! Smooth Draw, definite wall, quiet, there is nothing to feel or hear as it releases an arrow, I have mine set to about 52# but with my 31" draw it sends arrows with such authority you would think I was drawing at 70# with a speed bow. The cams are very hard and fast thus I have to use arrows spined at 350 for a 55# weight 100gr tip, as the 400's come up a bit weak. It stacks arrows better than I can shoot, and balances very well all by itself. Archers tend to be a bit eccentric and resistant to change, and The Seeker is change. It is before its time, no question. I am no one and nothing in Archery with nothing to prove to anyone, thus I can enjoy the benefits of a bow seriously ahead of the crowd. LIGHT YEARS AHEAD! Loving it. It offers so many options in setup, for some a challenge for me a delight.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tried Grinding down the width....

Seems to tighten it up a bit more moves now only about 3/8ths instead of 3/4".