Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Riser Problem, Any Suggestions.....Part 1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Seeker Grip

Peace, I would be a little careful grinding on your grip, it would be much better if you could have someone mill it down as you will get a nice uniform, parallel surface. I have a Bridgeport mill and could do it for you if you wanted to send me the grip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeanRM View Post
    Peace, I would be a little careful grinding on your grip, it would be much better if you could have someone mill it down as you will get a nice uniform, parallel surface. I have a Bridgeport mill and could do it for you if you wanted to send me the grip.
    Dean when I was a finish carpenter we used to work within 1/32nd and as millwright we would take it to .006 max tolerance but I don't think I would take this part to that place. There was definitely a second hole drilled and some pressure caused mushrooming of the metal thus it is a bit of a cluster flop, but if the hole had been perfect and it was just a problem of the original milling I would definitely take you up on your generous offer, and believe, it is much appreciated. I kind of like the fact that I am involved somehow in the material of this bow as it gives me a deeper connection to the bow. These old eyes are fairly good at judging measures, and in this I am pretty liberal... Again thanks much for the offer.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com