Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cam lean on brand new alien

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cam lean on brand new alien

If any of you remember , I was having issues getting a 2013 alien in Mississippi , well I was able to purchase one about 2 hours from my house, a retired old man, who was willing to work with me . I got the bow with large cams because their draw range is from 27.5 on up. I believe the small cam was up to 27.5 or either 28. So either way I'm right on the line. Well I ordered the large cam cuz I figured if I hated the bow and wanted to sell it, I could plus it went down to 27.5, and I shoot a 28 inch draw. It was a real pain for this guy to set it up for me, it took hours , however it's not like he works on martins all the time he's a retired man who simply maintains his whatever to sell bows . Once he got it set up I noticed the top cam leaning to the right towards the cable slide, and it leans even more when I draw it . He told me that some bows have a yoke and a y cable to to equalize the the stress on the cam, he also told me that with a short draw my cam was literally maxed out. He told me even with his 50 years of experience , he will not mess the cam, even though he's a dealer , said if I have an issue ill just have to send it in. Ill upload some pics tomorrow so yal can see the lean, but its kind of discouraging to buy a new loaded out bow with cam lean out the box. However he told me the bow will shoot fine regardless and I shouldn't have a problem, but he also told me when he buys a bow and sees those issues he doesn't order any more of them, cuz there a pain in rear. I suppose I'm just stuck with it then.... What's you guys thoughts on this????

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What a crap sandwich

Wow....that's a bad deal there DZ...
    I don't think you should have to deal with cam lean. Pretty interesting with what the old man had to say.
    I like sticking with single cams myself. I've had a few twin cams and they were good, didn't experience any cam lean. (darton Pro 2000, 3000, and a couple of firecates.)

I would contact Martin and send it in. Good Luck

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...electedIndex=4

Post Thanks / Like

That's messed up, idk what to say I have no cam lean at all maybe he don't know how to set it up, idk.
    My dw is 69.4# (stated 70#), dl 29", I got the large cams 3L, I ordered mine @ 70#, 29" and thats how it came from Martin.
    I agree with RT1 contact Joel at Martin and send it back.
    Even my 2010 Alien x has no cam lean. she's 72.6# maxed out but I backed her down to 65# to improve my accuracy and save my shoulder, lol.
    Have patience and get her fixed.

Alienshooter

2013 Alien
    2010 AlienX

joelc

I have never seen a bow without "cam lean"...unless it was an X system. Lean is the most overrated issue in Archery.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Save your arms....back it down.
    I went from 80lb dw a couple of years ago, down to a 70lb'er.

Now i just went down to a 60lb. bow that actually maxes out to 63lb.

Throwing thousands of baseballs a year for years...... will take it's toll...haven't had any issues yet, and don't want to find out.....and with the bows being so much faster now I don't need to crank it down.

anyways good luck with the alien, post the outcome.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

So are you telling me Joel , that the lean i am seeing is perfectly normal??? There will be pics to follow when I'm off work

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    So are you telling me Joel , that the lean i am seeing is perfectly normal??? There will be pics to follow when I'm off work
    Yes...cam "lean" is perfectly normal.

Post Thanks / Like

If I have cam lean then its not much cuz I can't see it, someone please show a picture of cam lean so I can understand.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

hhmm...

Post Thanks / Like

I know what cam lean is, its just I don't see much on my bows! I'll take pics of mine to show if I have too, "to me its not important". I have no problems with my Aliens, I just love how they shoot, period.
    As Joel stated its overrated.
    At a local dealer where I live I seen a guy bring a Martin bow in that looked like a recurve but had cams with the x system or yoke on both and wondered why its not utilized now?
    It must not be a big issue as there are problems occurring, sorry for sounding like a newb!

2013 Alien
    2010 AlienX