Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Cam lean on brand new alien

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

exactly....i dont know a lot about bows, but as a mechanic, i can tell that isnt normal looking to me

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that is pretty excessive for cam lean.

Have you removed the cables from the cable guard to see how the cams look at full draw? I would start there since there should be no side torque on the limbs. If everything lines up true, then you may want to consider a tilt tamer.

If there is still lean, then either reduce or lengthen your draw length a 1/16 -1/8 of an inch to see if that eliminates the lean. You may be enacting a torque on the bow causing the lean.

If after fiddling with that, and you have eliminated the lean without the cable guard in place, then put the cable guard back on and see where you sit.

Let us know if that works.

Sonny Thomas

Default Cam lean on brand new alien

Looks bad, but could it be normal? More pics of other same model bows would give a idea.

If anything I'd submit to Martin and ask.

Still, proof is in the shooting.

And being real honest here, working a small archery shop, I never look at cam lean when setting up a bow or tuning. As long as it is functional I get them to shoot. Figure going on five years at the shop and I returned to archery back in December of 1998.

Can't tell you that I ever had a bow that didn't have cam lean and all the bows I have now have cam lean. I just shoot 'em.
    Bows on-hand; 2000 MagnaTec. 2000 UltraTec. 2004 SierraTec. 2009 Pearson TX4. 2011 Martin Shadowcat. 2012 Pearson MarXman.

Two and only two Pro shooters I know of have some type of anti-cam lean guided rods. Tim Gillingham once claimed the TiltTamer and another World target competitor (forget his name) had a standard offset guide rod bent to his liking.
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 04-26-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    heres a better pic of the cam lean at full draw
    Attachment 8023
    Wow! Lil lean no biggie. That looks on the verge of derailment. I wouldn't tolerate that. I can see now why you're so worried bout it.

Just a thought. Can you give us pics of you at full draw? Both sides and straight behind and same pics close up of your grip hand
    Last edited by HawgEnvy; 04-26-2013 at 08:18 AM.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OnzaXX View Post
    Wow, that is pretty excessive for cam lean.

Have you removed the cables from the cable guard to see how the cams look at full draw? I would start there since there should be no side torque on the limbs. If everything lines up true, then you may want to consider a tilt tamer.

If there is still lean, then either reduce or lengthen your draw length a 1/16 -1/8 of an inch to see if that eliminates the lean. You may be enacting a torque on the bow causing the lean.

If after fiddling with that, and you have eliminated the lean without the cable guard in place, then put the cable guard back on and see where you sit.

Let us know if that works.
    im not removing crap, the bow is brand spanking new....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    im not removing crap, the bow is brand spanking new....
    sorry that sounded rude, anyway, yeah me and the ole man messed with the draw length already, didnt change crap, i have a short draw at 28 and cam is almost bottomed out, if i had gotten the smaller cam, the cam would have been maxed out rather than bottomed out.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    Wow! Lil lean no biggie. That looks on the verge of derailment. I wouldn't tolerate that. I can see now why you're so worried bout it.
    yeah no crap right, the ole man said he aint touching, cant say i blame him

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm out of ideas unless you want to ship it off for warranty.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

they wont warranty it , because they arent convinced that anthing is wrong with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey dz, I looked at the pic and I can see what your talking about. When I got time I'll post pics of my cams top and bottom to give you a reference. After looking at your pic I looked at my cams full draw and not, I do not have that type of angle "cam lean". I know I have been corrected about martins hybrid cams but mine does not look like that. I have the same bow and cams so all I can say is I don't know how to help you on this. I'm a noob to compound bows but I learn quick and I have been shooting for over a year now, I grew up with recurves. I'll have my chic take the pics for me and I'll post later today. Understand your frustration but I'm sure its an easy fix. I like my 2013 Martin Rytera series bow, quick not much hand shock, quiet and just looks plain cool. I got a bow mag with most top 2013 bows and the article stating the alien is the most advanced bow ever made.