Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Cam lean on brand new alien

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alienshooter View Post
    Hey dz, I looked at the pic and I can see what your talking about. When I got time I'll post pics of my cams top and bottom to give you a reference. After looking at your pic I looked at my cams full draw and not, I do not have that type of angle "cam lean". I know I have been corrected about martins hybrid cams but mine does not look like that. I have the same bow and cams so all I can say is I don't know how to help you on this. I'm a noob to compound bows but I learn quick and I have been shooting for over a year now, I grew up with recurves. I'll have my chic take the pics for me and I'll post later today. Understand your frustration but I'm sure its an easy fix. I like my 2013 Martin Rytera series bow, quick not much hand shock, quiet and just looks plain cool. I got a bow mag with most top 2013 bows and the article stating the alien is the most advanced bow ever made.
    I meant by Martin!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    they wont warranty it , because they arent convinced that anthing is wrong with it.
    Maybe I missed it, but have you contacted Joel at the warranty dept and shown him the picture posted here? The pic shows the bow at full draw, but is that in a machine or are you holding it by hand? Are you sure you're not gripping the bow inducing hand torque? I've been shooting compounds almost 40 years now and IMO that is more lean than I'd tolerate.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ?

I looked at the pic as well..........it seems like it's a little too much.

I guess that is why i prefer a single cam, accutrac is my favorite so far.
    I had a 2009 firecat and i didn't notice any cam lean...but it was slower than my martin with a Accutrac single cam.......????? go figure

Just my opinion.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The lean is only the beginning of the problem, I've taken the bow to two different places and its shooting about 14 inches low at ten yards, can't use any of pins at all in the sight, the bow is 100% lined up, tunes good on paper as well, I will be giving them a call Monday they close early on Fridays , so I wasn't able to get in touch with them. But fisher , you read all of Joel's original posts , it's overrated, and not a problem according to him. Also yes that was me drawing it, no press

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The dealer I took it to today , told me the only issue he's seen like this was once Martin shipped him a bow , they couldn't figure it out and sent it back, when they did, they discovered that it had a different poundage limb on the bottom , causing it tended to launch arrows more downward. But they fixed it and sent it back

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The lean is only the beginning of the problem, I've taken the bow to two different places and its shooting about 14 inches low at ten yards, can't use any of pins at all in the sight, the bow is 100% lined up, tunes good on paper as well, I will be giving them a call Monday they close early on Fridays , so I wasn't able to get in touch with them. But fisher , you read all of Joel's original posts , it's overrated, and not a problem according to him. Also yes that was me drawing it, no press
    Definately call joel.....wow..that would drive me crazy.
    Hang in there...once you or martin gets it setup it will be worth it.
    I'm confident that joel will get it taken care of for you.

Post Thanks / Like

For a ten yard shot, try using your 25 yds pin, the closer you get the higher the pin needs to be, for instance, in a field round you will have a 7 yds shot, to hit the X, I have to use my 35 yd mark. I say mark because I use a slngle pin slider. To hit the x at 2 yds, it would have to be about the 50 yd mark or more. Try it.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 04-27-2013 at 09:23 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Sonny Thomas

Default Cam lean on brand new alien

The dealer I took it to today , told me the only issue he's seen like this was once Martin shipped him a bow , they couldn't figure it out and sent it back, when they did, they discovered that it had a different poundage limb on the bottom , causing it tended to launch arrows more downward. But they fixed it and sent it back
    I'm at odds with that in bold. Mis-matched limbs don't normally tune well. Most generally you'll get porpoising if say 50 pound limbs on top and 60 pound limbs on bottom or vice versa. I had one experience with this a couple of years ago. We had to back off the bottom limb bolt 4 full turns to make the bow tune. A new set of limbs corrected the problem.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The more I look at that pic DZ......that just isn't right in my book. I would be weirded out shooting it.
    I can't believe that it couldn't be sent in to martin and have their peeps look it over and make the necessay changes to make it right.
    That has to be way too much cam lean......
    I just don't see how that can be acceptable.
    I would have to assume that you've been in contact with Joel on here...
    I've had a couple of firecats.......and never had that kind of cam lean. I looked often enough and really never detected any.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by urparanoidaboutyourbrand View Post
    The more I look at that pic DZ......that just isn't right in my book. I would be weirded out shooting it.
    I can't believe that it couldn't be sent in to martin and have their peeps look it over and make the necessay changes to make it right.
    That has to be way too much cam lean......
    I just don't see how that can be acceptable.
    I would have to assume that you've been in contact with Joel on here...
    I've had a couple of firecats.......and never had that kind of cam lean. I looked often enough and really never detected any.
    let me clear something up real quick, martin has not specifically told me that i cant send it in or anything nor that they wouldnt warranty a problem, ive yet to officially get in contact with them, joel just said that cam lean is overrated and perfectly normal, obviously a bow shooting over a foot low, with lean like is abormal, but i havent told discussed this with martin on a 1 on 1 basis bet, but as per my dealer, im gonna have to send it in anyway because they dont know what else to do to raise my arrow.