Thread: Spot Hogg Real Deal Sight on 2012 Alien Nemesis

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spot Hogg Real Deal Sight on 2012 Alien Nemesis

I am trying to set the 20 yard pin on my new 2012 Nemesis using the Spot Hogg Real Deal sight and I got is lined up but had to raise the top pin to the max height and also has to raise the gang micro adjustment all the way to the top as well. It just seems wrong to have to go to the max height on both the top pin and the gang housing. Anyone have experience with the SH Real Deal and Rytera Nemesis?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have Hogg but on my truglo you can flip the bracket and gain some height
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HIArcher View Post
    I am trying to set the 20 yard pin on my new 2012 Nemesis using the Spot Hogg Real Deal sight and I got is lined up but had to raise the top pin to the max height and also has to raise the gang micro adjustment all the way to the top as well. It just seems wrong to have to go to the max height on both the top pin and the gang housing. Anyone have experience with the SH Real Deal and Rytera Nemesis?
    Draw your bow back level with your eyes closed. Open your eyes and see if you can see out of your peep sight. If not adjust it accordingly. Sounds like the peep site is too low.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if flipping the housing will work but I will double check my peep location and see if that is the problem. Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

My initial though was the peep was in the wrong spot or your anchor isn't quite right.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

So you have to raise the sight and pins to their max? Usually it's the other way around. Already mentioned is peep height and anchor. By the way, Hutch has it backwards this time. If the peep were lower it would make you shoot lower. Too bad we don't have some pics of you at full draw, bt I'm going to take a guess and say that your peep is too high and the logical reason is that, if you are one that touches your nose to the string, the draw length of the bow is too long for you.

I have never ever agreed with those saying that to get peep height right you close your eyes and draw, anchor, and see where the peep is. It's more involved than this. It only works well if the bows draw length is correct, or at least close. How or where you anchor will be somewhat dependent on the bow's draw length. Too long and it forces you to anchor lower and have a higher peep which will mean a higher sight setting. Too short and you have to anchor higher and have a lower peep position.

You can change your anchor, peep height and maybe have to change the bow's draw length and find what works best, but it may feel odd at first and takes some time to get used to a different feel. You have to go at it with an open mind and be willing to accept change.
    Last edited by bfisher; 04-10-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Problem solved

The peep sight was the answer. The peep was too high. Being new to archery, I had placed it by measuring the distance from the top of the knock stop on a bow I had borrowed. I had to lower it by about 3/4" and was able to position the housing and pins in more "normal" configuration. I suspect that my draw length on the bow is a half to 3/4 inches too long for me but the nemesis has the cams that bottom out at 27 inches. I am shooting on target but will probably address either the cams or as was stated in an earlier response, I may need to shorten the bow string.

Thanks for the help and patience in working with this newbie.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HIArcher View Post
    The peep sight was the answer. The peep was too high. Being new to archery, I had placed it by measuring the distance from the top of the knock stop on a bow I had borrowed. I had to lower it by about 3/4" and was able to position the housing and pins in more "normal" configuration. I suspect that my draw length on the bow is a half to 3/4 inches too long for me but the nemesis has the cams that bottom out at 27 inches. I am shooting on target but will probably address either the cams or as was stated in an earlier response, I may need to shorten the bow string.

Thanks for the help and patience in working with this newbie.
    Sorry about that it was 4 in the morning and I got it backwards. But ask as many questions as you want we will help as much as you need.

Welcome aboard!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a good sight! I got the same but its the 7 deadly pins, Cameron Hanes signature.