Thread: Best Target Arrow Advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Target Arrow Advice

I am nursing a sore shoulder and had to drop my DW to 31#s. Anyone have a suggestion as to the arrow I can shoot indoors at 20yds to max speed at this DW? Thanks.

Sonny Thomas

Compound bow I'm guessing. What length of arrow do you need?

Draw weight that low and youth arrows would probably do well. I used Beman Jr Hunters with my old 37 pound Pearson target bow, but these weren't long arrows. These are standard diameter carbon arrows.

Probably looking 500 or 600 spine depending on point weight.

If wanting a larger diameter, FITA legal, then Carbon Express Pro 150s or Muddy Outdoors HT Virtues in 500 range. Looking about 280 grs if around 28" total arrow length. Pin bushings and nocks with 80 or 90 gr points.

Best I can do at the present.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Compound bow I'm guessing. What length of arrow do you need?

Draw weight that low and youth arrows would probably do well. I used Beman Jr Hunters with my old 37 pound Pearson target bow, but these weren't long arrows. These are standard diameter carbon arrows.

Probably looking 500 or 600 spine depending on point weight.

If wanting a larger diameter, FITA legal, then Carbon Express Pro 150s or Muddy Outdoors HT Virtues in 500 range. Looking about 280 grs if around 28" total arrow length. Pin bushings and nocks with 80 or 90 gr points.

Best I can do at the present.
    Thanks for the recommendations Sonny. I am currently using 31" Easton aluminum arrows on my Pantera and will look into something a bit shorter. I appreciate your help.

Sonny Thomas

Believe it or not, the Beman Jr Hunters are darn inexpensive, around $4.00 per and come fletched with low profile 3 inch vanes and insert already in. In other words, pick a point weight and you're good to go.

About 90% of the time or more, I use arrow charts per manufacturer. I know the length of arrow I want is usually 1 inch longer than arrow to rest contact at full draw. Length of arrow known, draw weight known you can then use the arrow charts to pick through a mulititude of arrows and brands of arrows.