Thread: Muddy Virtue Arrows

Sonny Thomas

Default Muddy Virtue Arrows

Not overly energetic, but got out to try my Virtue HT3s again, I set these up first with Muddy's 100 gr glue-in points and they proved darn good. So messing around checked of FOC. It was a bit more than my HTA HT3s and I run these light of FOC, about 6%. So I tried the new 80 gr glue-in points from Muddy. And again FOC was more than the HTA HT3s. So I got to looking and the new pin bushings are different. The new glue-in points are also different, longer. Brain dead I guess because if the points are longer back in the shaft I'd think FOC would be lighter. Heck, I don't know.

Anyway, all put together the 80 gr points made the Muddy HT3s weigh the same as my HTA HT3s.

So I tried the new arrows from 30 yards, no warming up, and one was a tad low, but in the bull's eye and the second clipped the X ring at 10:00.
    Wind began howling. Mercy, it was flat gettin' with it. So I moved up to 20 yard and the first couple of shots were grabbed by the wind, corkscrewing and flying sideways something awful.
    I let the wind die down from then on and the Virtues flew true and true enough a vane was half stripped. So I took off the loosened vane and shot it. High corner of the X. I shot the second arrow and it was right with the 2 vane arrow. And I've done this so many times, purposely removed a vane and hammered the X ring.
    So the arrows proved good and may get used this year. Got enough HTA HT3s to last for a while.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Got the Muddy Bloodsport .001 H2's which I understand are thinner than the H3's, wanted the fat H4's but they and the H3's were sold out at the time. Nice arrows.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Sonny Thomas

Mmmmm? That would probably have been the old line sold out. The Virtues are the new HT3s. I've lost my primary computer and awaiting news if they can save my pics, docs, and contacts. But pretty sure it was Jared Mills that I was in contact with. He inspected my .001" Harvest Time Archery arrows and found a bunch out of tolerance.
    The HTA HT3s I'm shooting now checked good. That Jared wasn't allowed to warranty my HTAs he offered me a deal on the Virtues. That he was responsive and all I purchased two dozen Virtues. He personally inspected and weighed the Virtues. One dozen bare shafts weigh 250 grs each and the other dozen weigh 260 grs each.
    Here is where people should pay attention. Bagged or boxed arrows are sorted arrows for weight and straightness. I will not buy bin mixed arrows....

Some roll their eyes with my 6% FOC, but what works, works. And then there are two FOC formulas running around. One checks length of the "cut shaft" arrow. This is from the bottom of the nock to the end of the shaft (no insert). The other checks from the bottom of the nock to the end of the field point of broadhead being used. Now, both balance the full arrow. So why isn't the full length of the nock used?
    I use it. Okay, it's my FOC and I work with it. So long as you use the same procedure there shouldn't be a problem.

I think I posted a pic of the HTA HT3s shot from 30 yards, but will post again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Nice shootin there Sonny. I learned my lesson long ago about bin arrows. I'm happy to pay the little bit extra for arrows in a box. Learned a lesson about buying "custom made arrows" off Ebay as well. Not fletched equally, and fletchings fell off after a half dozen shots. Fortunately, I got them as cheap as I could buy bare shafts for, so no real loss.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Good shooting Sonny,
    All I shoot are the HTA HT-3's and HT-4's.
    I still have a doz. of each and 4 doz. nock inserts for the HT-4's.
    Love em.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Sonny Thomas

Thanks, Ehunter and Don B.