Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FireCat input needed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    One of these days I'll be able to fully diagnose tuning/noise/accuracy/speed/timing issues over the phone
    "Can you hold the phone up to it so I can hear what's wrong with it?"
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!

Sonny Thomas

Default FireCat input needed

one of these days i'll be able to fully diagnose tuning/noise/accuracy/speed/timing issues over the phone
    i r......

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm,
    Mine is the older version, but I have dual cams, they are timed perfect, the only thing I get is a little lift from my rest, so I get a little tear on the top. Maybe try the baby powder on it and see if he's getting fletch contact, ... knock point not set exactly where it needs, wrong spine on the shaft? just a few obvious things I've learned from you guys.
    Mac
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Post Thanks / Like

One of these days I'll be able to fully diagnose tuning/noise/accuracy/speed/timing issues over the phone
    Hey ... whenever that day comes you best be getting a beastly raise and an awesomer title than "Superman"
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Sonny Thomas

Finally, now says they have a 3/8" nock low setting to even get it close to paper tuning.
    Ain't no way sync/timing is correct. Maybe a weak limb, but two bows and both having tuning issues says someone isn't doing something right. Maybe even having a mod not set right and someone twisting cables to make..... I've seen this before. Even heard of changing mod for draw length and not resetting the draw stop.

Trying to get him to send pics. Frustrating is turn around time.

Sonny Thomas

I GOT IT! Set up the bows with some electronic gizmo. Then have one of those phone hookups like for checking heart Pace Makers. Then it'd be like at garages, plug you car into the diagnostic gizmo and Presto; "Cable feeding into bottom cam needs half twist." (Wishful thinking )
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 04-11-2013 at 08:00 AM.

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by SJunior View Post
    "Can you hold the phone up to it so I can hear what's wrong with it?"
    You dont even know how many people will call and pluck the string or pull back the bow and say "did you hear that?", "No? Let me shoot it...listen real close"

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, I happen to be the owner of the firecat bows that are being discused here and I think that the original question here was misinterpreted. The issue is that with the bow at rest and the arrow square with the string and level with the cable guide during the draw cycle the arrow raises up about 3/4" putting the arrow at a very noticeable angle. If this explanation makes sense and anyone would like to comment on it please feel free.

Post Thanks / Like

Well first things first, welcome to the forum, glad you're here!

Secondly, I'm not sure if I follow what what you're saying... are you saying that at rest you ended up with a 3/4" high nock height?, or that the nock travel is 3/4" vertical during the cycle?

I think that the first would indicate an issue, most likely with clearance, and that the second would probably be close to normal, especially given that the nock point is not "center" of the shooting string anyways...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Might sound stupid but I've seen it before. Are you using a drop away rest, and making sure the rest is in the "UP" position at rest when you set the nock heigth? Had a guy set his nock height with the rest in the down position, then got the exact same thing when he drew back, and the rest came up... Other things to check, make sure the mods are in the same settings, both mods are on #3 for instance. Only other things that make sense are cams WAY out of time/synch, or a bad limb.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.