Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FireCat input needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default tuning a firecat

Quote Originally Posted by kmh View Post
    Hi guys, I happen to be the owner of the firecat bows that are being discused here and I think that the original question here was misinterpreted. The issue is that with the bow at rest and the arrow square with the string and level with the cable guide during the draw cycle the arrow raises up about 3/4" putting the arrow at a very noticeable angle. If this explanation makes sense and anyone would like to comment on it please feel free.
    If you could post a few pictures of your bow. one with the bow at rest with an arrow on it and one with the bow it full draw with an arrow on it. Also, maybe a couple pictures of the top and bottom cams looking at the draw modules.I am sure that we can get you fixed up.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, I happen to be the owner of the firecat bows that are being discused here and I think that the original question here was misinterpreted. The issue is that with the bow at rest and the arrow square with the string and level with the cable guide during the draw cycle the arrow raises up about 3/4" putting the arrow at a very noticeable angle. If this explanation makes sense and anyone would like to comment on it please feel free.
    could you take some pictures for us with the arrow on the rest then with the bow drawn, feel that you are saying that the arrow pinches up 3/4" at draw ??? or is the arrow pointing down 3/4" at draw?
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Sonny Thomas

Default FireCat input needed

Hi guys, I happen to be the owner of the firecat bows that are being discused here and I think that the original question here was misinterpreted. The issue is that with the bow at rest and the arrow square with the string and level with the cable guide(.)? During the draw cycle the arrow raises up about 3/4" putting the arrow at a very noticeable angle. If this explanation makes sense and anyone would like to comment on it please feel free.
    I was the one put to question by another person for your bows. So second hand info ain't always good.
    And your reply needs puncuation and clarification maybe; "The issue is that with the bow at rest and the arrow square (right angle or zero nock setting) with the string and level with the cable (has nothing to do with nothing) guide (.) ?)
    During the draw cycle the arrow raises up about 3/4" putting the arrow at a very noticeable angle."

So the nock of the arrow is raising, field point of arrow pointing down?

I asked and I really didn't get what I wanted other than the string nock setting set to 3/8" low to get a somewhat descent paper tear. I asked for pics and you had already taken the bow.

Dual cam bow;
    Both top and bottom mods must be set the same. I've had this before, person changed the bottom mod and didn't change the top mod.

The draw must be backed off, not touching the limb at full draw. I've had this before, person changed the mods and didn't move the draw stop for the change.

Mods correctly positioned, synced/timed correctly, the cables should lay in the mod groove flats at the same time. This should be done with limbs maxed out or backed off equally.
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 04-11-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

must be pinching the arrow nock with the release are you using a string loop?
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

we must have scared him off lol!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Sonny Thomas

Default FireCat input needed

kmh,
    Stay with us. We've been known to help til we drop and get up and go at again.....more than a couple times over.....