Thread: Martin shoot through cam and cable systems

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin shoot through cam and cable systems

I am planning a custom bow but I have never used the Martin shoot through cams and cable systems.

I understand there are several to choose from.

Can someone explain the differences to me between the various shoot through cams available?

I like to shoot with high let off close to 80% and a rock solid wall. Draw force curve or aggressiveness of cam doesn't matter much to me.

Which version will best meet my needs.

It will go on a bow:
    * 37 1/4" A2A (2009 Scepter S4)
    * 50 # draw weight
    * 29' draw length

Best wishes.
    Last edited by Archer Dude; 04-11-2013 at 01:58 PM. Reason: omission

Post Thanks / Like

I think that there were 3 differnt cams that you could get with X Modules but can only remember the names of two of them, Nitrous and Fury cams. the oldest were the Fury Cams and the newer were the Nitrous cams ( 2007 ), Nitrous cams came in three sizes, A ( the smallest, for shorter draw lengths ), B ( drawlength to 28" ) and C ( drawlength to 31" ), B cam are the most effecient, All of them are fast with a solid back wall, about 335fps. Occasionally, you can find a set for sale on ArcheyTalk classified, compleate with x modules. A compleate set of X modules has 4 modules, a top mod & a top X mod, and a bottom mod & a bottom X mod. The rigging consists of a shoot string and 4 cables. Back in 2007-09, there were quite a few Scepters with Nitrous X systems around. Hope this helps. I hunt with a 2006 Slayer with the Nitrous X system, C cam.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 04-12-2013 at 10:19 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    I think that there were 3 differnt cams that you could get with X Modules but can only remember the names of two of them, Nitrous and Fury cams. the oldest were the Fury Cams and the newer were the Nitrous cams ( 2007 ), Nitrous cams came in three sizes, A ( the smallest, for shorter draw lengths ), B ( drawlength to 28" ) and C ( drawlength to 31" ), B cam are the most effecient, All of them are fast with a solid back wall, about 335fps. Occasionally, you can find a set for sale on ArcheyTalk classified, compleate with x modules. A compleate set of X modules has 4 modules, a top mod & a top X mod, and a bottom mod & a bottom X mod. The rigging consists of a shoot string and 4 cables. Back in 2007-09, there were quite a few Scepters with Nitrous X systems around. Hope this helps. I hunt with a 2006 Slayer with the Nitrous X system, C cam.
    Zcams? as in 3x-9x?
    or not helps to read the full post, sorry
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Post Thanks / Like

With that ATA, you will be near the end of the max draw lenght for the B Nitrous cam, So the C size would probably be the one you need. I put the Nitrous X system on one of my Onzas and used the B cam. For starters, go to the past specs page and find a bow that was issued with the Nitrous cam and match one up with an ATA and draw length that you are using (or close to). They will give you approx string/cable lengths and cam size that you need to fit within your draw length window.

When I shifted over to the Nitrous system, I lost about 5 lbs of draw weight from the Z cams I originally had, this was due to the cables and string being a tad bit too long, so be careful on your string measurments.

As far as letoff, my cams are only achieving about 65%, I'm not sure what the Furious cams letoff are, but I doubt you'll get that 80% that you are looking for.

There is nothing more rewarding than doing a frankenbow project that works out.