Thread: Tag & App fees

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tag & App fees

Tag & application fees here in Nevada went up a few dollars over last year. Just finished putting in for tags and left a few out that we figured we couldn't afford to do this year and it still came to $99. Anyone else experience increases this year?
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

NN, a little here and a little there and they get ya! I believe they said ours are going to go up this year too!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default CT Super Sportsman...

License was $101 Archery, Fishing & Firearms.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Our licenses and tags go up a few bucks a year it seems. Fortunately, I got a lifetime license years ago when they were still really cheap. The one thing KS is doing now is ripping off the retired. Until this year, if you were over 65, you didn't need a hunting or fishing license. NOW they are making people buy one until they are 75. You can get a license to cover that 10 year gap for I think $65, or buy licenses for $25 a year until you hit 75. Dad's 73, and not happy. lol Not enough time left to save money on the $65 license. lol When I got my lifetime license 25+ years ago, it was $225. Now, it costs that much to hunt in KS if you're from another state.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not heard yet about Texas fees. Last year I think it was 69 for a super combo. Thats everything except fed duck stamp& pronghorn. We have a lifetime, it was 800 went up to like 1800. should of done it 10 years ago. So Nutty, what does your money get you?
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a breakdown on Nevada.
    General Hunting license - $33
    Senior (65+) hunting license -$13
    Serviceman's hunting license - $9
    Disabled Veteran hunting & fishing license - Free
    Combo hunting & fishing license - $54
    Nonresident hunting license - $142
    Nonresident combo hunting & fishing - $199

All big game except Elk, applications fee $10 per animal + $3 predation fee + $2 online conveinence fee for a total $15
    Elk app - $20 + $3 + $2 = $25
    We have 9 big game animals plus Mountain Lion for a grand total of $145 just for applications with no guarantee of drawing a tag.
    Then we have a "Dream Tag" that is like a raffle for Elk, Antelope, Nelson Bighorn, and Mule Deer. These require a $10 initial "buy in" then tickets are $5 each with no maximum.
    We also have a Silver State tag for the same animals. These applications are $25 each. The Silver State option allows hunters that are in their waiting period a chance to draw that animal again without penalty before the waiting period is over. Waiting periods for successful hunters on all the sheep, Mountain Goat, and Elk is 10 years. Unsuccessful tag holders for those animals is 5 years. Successful Antelope is 5 years, unsuccessful can put in the following year. Both of these special tags start on the first Saturday after that specific season starts, covers the entire state, and runs till you get the animal or the last season closes. This means you can use a rifle during bow season and be legal.

Tag Fees :
    All deer, buck or doe - $30. You can't put in for both, it's one or the other.
    All Antelope, buck or doe - $60. Same as above.
    All Elk, bull or cow - $120 - Same as above.
    Black Bear - $100
    All Bighorn Sheep - $120
    Mountian Goat - $120
    Mountain Lion - $29
    Turkey - $30
    You can also buy a point for $12 if for some reason you don't want to hunt an animal that year.

Nonresident tag fees.
    All deer - $240.
    All Antelope - $300.
    Black Bear - $300
    All Bighorn Sheep - $1,200.
    Bull Elk - $1,200.
    Cow Elk - $500.
    Mountain Lion - $104.

It's getting more expensive to hunt here every year. I guess I'm lucky that my wife only wants to go for 2 animals a year or our application fees alone would be around $200. I put in for California Bighorn, Nelson Bighorn, Mountain Goat, Mule deer, and got a point for cow Elk. Genny put in for archery Antelope and also got a point for cow Elk and our total just for applications was $99.
    Some of my friends aren't so lucky, with their wives and kids applying it adds up quick.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, pretty soon all hunters will need to be part of the 1% just to pay for tags. Those are sosome high visitor fees y'all have too.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)