Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowtech destoyer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bowtech destoyer

As most of you know I bought a destoyer a little while a go and was not happy with it some ask for a review at the time it seemed like I was fighting the bow and the feel was not there so I put it up for sale. so today wale last night I took the destoyer back out of the box set it back up today was the nicest today that I had to shoot it I changed stabilizers moved the draw stops and changed arrow to a lighter spine and the bow felt so much betterand grouped better, I think shooting it for the first times in the cold, wet and windy days may have been a factor, I set up my chonogragh 315 fps with a 348 gr. 60 lb 29" draw so for now I keeping it and I keep my onza on one wall and the destroyer on the the opposite wall didn't know if I should keep them that close together LOL
    bowtech speed.jpg
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bout time! nice!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

This time of the year I'm cutting my fire wood for next season 10 cords a year so I took a half day off from cutting wood to get my haed around the bow so to speak I want to start shooting some 3d's next month
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a plan. I use too do fire wood but I changed to pellets and that was so much better. Cheaper too! Well hope you have a good 3d shoot!

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Sounds like a plan. I use too do fire wood but I changed to pellets and that was so much better. Cheaper too! Well hope you have a good 3d shoot!

Hutch
    My electric bill went from $196 to $22 with the wood burner I don't pay for wood I just go in the yard and start cutting but I did fine a guy that will bring me a truck load of logs about 8 cords for $350, I haven't shot a 3d in 2 years need to nock off the rust don't need these kids showing me up
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED

Post Thanks / Like

Could be very interesting if you don't shake of the rust. I use a little wood but pellets are a lot cheaper.

Hutch

Sonny Thomas

Default Bowtech destoyer

Love 'em or hate 'em seems the order of things of Bowtechs. And this goes back almost from the start of Bowtech. I guess you have to be a Techie to really love a Bowtech.

Bowtech came on the scene, then everybody went bonkers over their 3 wheeler. The 3 wheel design wasn't new by several years. McPherson or Jennings? I think Golden Eagle...Back then I think it was called the BowTie because of the shape of the "3rd Wheel." And then Bowtech made it a round wheel. Actually a idler wheel, I guess. Anyway, the 3 wheeler caught the attention of shooters and Bowtech was on the road. But, the longer the Bowtech 3 wheeler was shot the slower it got (dang, is that poetry?) Can't even find one today.

And then came the Black Knight? 350 fps of pure mean. ??? 2004 or 2005...For sure 2005 as I have the Bowtech manual for 2005. I got to shoot one. Fast? Absolutely! Kick? You bet. About like shooting a hot loaded .38 Special one handed. Never did figure out if it was accurate cause I was trying to hold on to the bow. Steve K, a Bowtech dealer, had one set up and stuck it in my hand.

So short bows and me? Nope. I opted for the 37 1/2" ata Old Glory. Ordered it new in black marble. It was pretty. It was accurate, it was fast, but on the order of my 2000 Hoyt UltraTec. The downside; It drew like it was 75 plus pounds and it maxed at 61 pounds on the scale and by the Bowtech Birth Certificate.
    Felt more like dragging concrete blocks. Now, before I ordered I asked Steve to check for possible next year changes. He called; "Nope, will be just like it is now." Guess what? Yeah, Bowtech went with the smoothie cams and they couldn't be fitted to the 2005 Old Glory, limb change or something.

So I turned down the Old Glory to about 47 or 48 pounds for the 2006 IAA State Indoor Championship. Back injured to the point I could barely walk I gritted my teeth during the two days of shooting and finished 3rd in Senior Free Style. Laid up for the next three months, but as soon as the doc turned me loose I put up the Old Glory was half what I paid for it and it sold the same day.

I don't know how the newer Bowtechs are because when I sold the 2005 Old Glory I swore to never own another. As such, I've held to my promise. Won't even pick one up.
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 04-14-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

315fps on 348g arrow, tat is speed
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TEN RING View Post
    This time of the year I'm cutting my fire wood for next season 10 cords a year so I took a half day off from cutting wood to get my haed around the bow so to speak I want to start shooting some 3d's next month
    we sell a lot of wood down here to, me and dad prolly do 10-15 but in highschool we did 24 cords a few times. i only sold 4 this year, its a lot harder to do on my own time, being that i work full time and all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Love 'em or hate 'em seems the order of things of Bowtechs. And this goes back almost from the start of Bowtech. I guess you have to be a Techie to really love a Bowtech.

Bowtech came on the scene, then everybody went bonkers over their 3 wheeler. The 3 wheel design wasn't new by several years. McPherson or Jennings? I think Golden Eagle...Back then I think it was called the BowTie because of the shape of the "3rd Wheel." And then Bowtech made it a round wheel. Actually a idler wheel, I guess. Anyway, the 3 wheeler caught the attention of shooters and Bowtech was on the road. But, the longer the Bowtech 3 wheeler was shot the slower it got (dang, is that poetry?) Can't even find one today.

And then came the Black Knight? 350 fps of pure mean. ??? 2004 or 2005...For sure 2005 as I have the Bowtech manual for 2005. I got to shoot one. Fast? Absolutely! Kick? You bet. About like shooting a hot loaded .38 Special one handed. Never did figure out if it was accurate cause I was trying to hold on to the bow. Steve K, a Bowtech dealer, had one set up and stuck it in my hand.

So short bows and me? Nope. I opted for the 37 1/2" ata Old Glory. Ordered it new in black marble. It was pretty. It was accurate, it was fast, but on the order of my 2000 Hoyt UltraTec. The downside; It drew like it was 75 plus pounds and it maxed at 61 pounds on the scale and by the Bowtech Birth Certificate.
    Felt more like dragging concrete blocks. Now, before I ordered I asked Steve to check for possible next year changes. He called; "Nope, will be just like it is now." Guess what? Yeah, Bowtech went with the smoothie cams and they couldn't be fitted to the 2005 Old Glory, limb change or something.

So I turned down the Old Glory to about 47 or 48 pounds for the 2006 IAA State Indoor Championship. Back injured to the point I could barely walk I gritted my teeth during the two days of shooting and finished 3rd in Senior Free Style. Laid up for the next three months, but as soon as the doc turned me loose I put up the Old Glory was half what I paid for it and it sold the same day.

I don't know how the newer Bowtechs are because when I sold the 2005 Old Glory I swore to never own another. As such, I've held to my promise. Won't even pick one up.
    Pretty much archery hasn't changed as much as some people think or the younger group realize. There is no free ride. Speed is a matter of stored energy. Work in results in work out. You want a fast bow you have to work harder at it, all things being equal. Some people today ask for smoother drawing bows. That means a softer cam and the rsult is less speed, pound for pound. They so hung up on having to draw a certain poundage. They don't understand that in many cases you can shoot a harder cam at up to 10 lbs less draw weight to achieve the same speed as the softer cammed bow. This makes the harder cam seem a lot less aggressive and easier to draw, and with less draw weight the shoulders, elbows and other joints will last a lot longer.

This is America where bigger or more is always better. The younger generations have been sold a bill of goods and eat it up, thinking they are less manly if they are shooting something comfortable. It's speed at all costs and this translates into Kinetic Energy for the hunting crowd. People have lost the idea of what archery is about----accuracy. Some will say they can shoot a 70 or 75# bow all day. I say, "Go shoot a field round and tell me honestly if your last shot was as good as your first one". OK, so they don't shoot field. Just shoot about 150 arrows then over the course of about 3 hours.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver