Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowtech destoyer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Pretty much archery hasn't changed as much as some people think or the younger group realize. There is no free ride. Speed is a matter of stored energy. Work in results in work out. You want a fast bow you have to work harder at it, all things being equal. Some people today ask for smoother drawing bows. That means a softer cam and the rsult is less speed, pound for pound. They so hung up on having to draw a certain poundage. They don't understand that in many cases you can shoot a harder cam at up to 10 lbs less draw weight to achieve the same speed as the softer cammed bow. This makes the harder cam seem a lot less aggressive and easier to draw, and with less draw weight the shoulders, elbows and other joints will last a lot longer.

This is America where bigger or more is always better. The younger generations have been sold a bill of goods and eat it up, thinking they are less manly if they are shooting something comfortable. It's speed at all costs and this translates into Kinetic Energy for the hunting crowd. People have lost the idea of what archery is about----accuracy. Some will say they can shoot a 70 or 75# bow all day. I say, "Go shoot a field round and tell me honestly if your last shot was as good as your first one". OK, so they don't shoot field. Just shoot about 150 arrows then over the course of about 3 hours.
    I agree bfisher on the poundage, speed and kinetic energy. I got a 2010 alien x which I thought was 2011, well the bow maxes out at 72.6# I can pull it easy but after 30 to 50 shots I'm shakey and my accuracy is bad. So I turned it down to 65.2# easy to pull back more accurate and I can shoot longer, equals more fun, my shoulder may last longer now. My new Alien is 69.4# its ok to pull but i may turn her down too for accuracy purposes. I may loose a little KE but my shoulder will last.

"Sonny Thomas" I shot many "newer" Bowtechs I like the bows, the experience mainly but I got my 2013 Alien instead. I liked the way the exp. shot I may buy one soon but that doesn't mean I don't like my Martin or Rytera. I like both companies since I'm from Washington State Martin and Bowtech are local to me.

Have fun shooting! my 0.2 cents!

Post Thanks / Like

The bow is smooth up to the hump witch is not that bad, once I got the valley to my liking it very shootable I here people say nitro cam has a hump to me it smooth all the way though
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alienshooter View Post
    I agree bfisher on the poundage, speed and kinetic energy. I got a 2010 alien x which I thought was 2011, well the bow maxes out at 72.6# I can pull it easy but after 30 to 50 shots I'm shakey and my accuracy is bad. So I turned it down to 65.2# easy to pull back more accurate and I can shoot longer, equals more fun, my shoulder may last longer now. My new Alien is 69.4# its ok to pull but i may turn her down too for accuracy purposes. I may loose a little KE but my shoulder will last.

"Sonny Thomas" I shot many "newer" Bowtechs I like the bows, the experience mainly but I got my 2013 Alien instead. I liked the way the exp. shot I may buy one soon but that doesn't mean I don't like my Martin or Rytera. I like both companies since I'm from Washington State Martin and Bowtech are local to me.

Have fun shooting! my 0.2 cents!
    Made in Eugene, OR, 20 miles up I-5 from here.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Made in Eugene, OR, 20 miles up I-5 from here.
    Heck Yeah! More local than me, and still like Bowtech!

I agree with TEN RING the Nitro cams are smooth!

Post Thanks / Like

Not a big fan of Bowtechs CS, they won't even ship me a Flexguard for my 2010 Iceman and nearest shop is 4 hr round trip drive. They have a MUST take to dealer policy on all parts.

Sonny Thomas

Default Bowtech destoyer

Quote Originally Posted by daiwateampenn View Post
    315fps on 348g arrow, tat is speed
    Well, 13 years ago the other "M" had the Black Max, 70 pounds, 30" draw, 350 gr arrow for 330 fps. Years later I shot one and liked it so much I tried to buy. He wouldn't sell.

Post Thanks / Like

isn't there a bowtech forum somewhere???
    i've owned a couple of bowtechs including a brigadier...sold it cheap cause it was soooo slllooowww...replaced it with a shadowcat and never looked back. now have a scepter v and haven't found a bow yet that i like better. the 101st would eat your lunch if you creeped even a hair, never did like that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosII View Post
    isn't there a bowtech forum somewhere???
    i've owned a couple of bowtechs including a brigadier...sold it cheap cause it was soooo slllooowww...replaced it with a shadowcat and never looked back. now have a scepter v and haven't found a bow yet that i like better. the 101st would eat your lunch if you creeped even a hair, never did like that one.
    Just because I own a bowtech not go lumping me in with them (you have to shoot bowtech or your bows crap guy's). I had the 82nd couldn't take not having any valley any more if it would of had draw stops I think I would still have it I filed down the modules got a little bit of valley
    Last edited by TEN RING; 04-18-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: forgot smiley
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED

Sonny Thomas

Default Bowtech destoyer

Quote Originally Posted by TEN RING View Post
    Just because I own a bowtech not go lumping me in with them (you have to shoot bowtech or your bows crap guy's). I had the 82nd couldn't take not having any valley any more if it would of had draw stops I think I would still have it I filed down the modules got a little bit of valley
    Easy. Carlos was just funnin'. Did you see the

Good, bad or indifferent, a bow is just a bow. I shot the older Pearsons, Golden Eagle (gone these many years), Hoyt from 1999 up, Bowtech, Martins, and again the newer Pearsons. I can't remember one of them clunkers or not being accurate, just some I liked better than others.

No matter how you cut it, owning any bow, or any archery tackle for that matter, is more a person perference than anything. You like it, you use thing.
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 04-18-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Easy. Carlos was just funnin'. Did you see the

Good, bad or indifferent, a bow is just a bow. I shot the older Pearsons, Golden Eagle (gone these many years), Hoyt from 1999 up, Bowtech, Martins, and again the newer Pearsons. I can't remember one of them clunkers or not being accurate, just some I liked better than others.

No matter how you cut it, owning any bow, or any archery tackle for that matter, is more a person perference than anything. You like it, you use thing.
    forgot my smiley, I put one in
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED