Thread: Port Polish release

Post Thanks / Like

Default Port Polish release

This is wat i did over the last weekend.

i forgot to take pic before i dismantle the release, and its not easy to part of the release, so i use the pic that posted at AT, where i actually bought this release.

its a Carter 2 Special......

the other one is a Truball BT-3. also forgot to take picture before i actually start to polish it...

well, quite fun, and time consuming, but the finish is just satifying....

enjoy some of the pic as per attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

2. Likes TEN RING liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow,
    now I wish I had some time on my hands, I love doing the fine work like that, Shoulda been a watch repair instead of an Airplane Mech.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macflash View Post
    Wow,
    now I wish I had some time on my hands, I love doing the fine work like that, Shoulda been a watch repair instead of an Airplane Mech.

Watch repair or goldsmith have to sit on the stool for hours and hours polishing... now i know why jewellery is sold expensive.... LOTS of patient working on the sandpaper part.....

How i wish i never started polishing it....

The Truball takes me 2 session. morning and afternoon 2 hours each session.

Carter 2 special is flatter on the surface not much curves, takes me 3 hours from stripping till shinny.
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

some how I miss this thread nice job
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

There must be nothing to do in Borneo.
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TEN RING View Post
    some how I miss this thread nice job
    haha... give it a try... love and hate relationship... the process is messing and passion is the key word.

Love once is finished. u will want to polish another release. hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Bluesman View Post
    There must be nothing to do in Borneo.
    hahaha....

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job.

Took all winter, but polished 1972 Harley Davidson Sportster complete, rims, hubs, side cases. Had 3/4 hp electric motor with extension to hold 4" of buffing wheels about 8" in diameter. Jeweler's rouge and Semi Chrome paste. Say "elbow grease" in big bold capital letters.

SemiChrome Polish by Pappich. Made in Germany, imported to the U.S. by Competition Chemicals, Inc. Iowa Falls, Iowa 50126. My tube is old and the price tag has $5.99. Like a small tube of tooth paste, except pink.... A dab goes along ways. Just tried it on one side of brass key, just enough to say I had spot of pink on the finger. one minute for polishing and wiping. Dull brass to start and after, a mirror finish.
    Just about every motorcycle shop I've stopped in has it....

Another is Never Dull. I don't have a can at the time being, but K Mart has it. It's like a rough cotton with some additive. The cotton turns black when getting things to polish. Wipe with clean cloth to finish. Cans are around about 3 1/2" diameter and about the same height and cans about twice the size.
    I messed up... 1973, Daytona Beach, Florida. I could of had the franchise rights to all of Illinois and passed. Never Dull is used by show horse people all over the U.S.

Both are supposed to leave a protective film, but silver turns black just sitting there and normal use, body oils and salts will make all dull.
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 03-16-2014 at 09:55 PM.
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Nice job.

Both are supposed to leave a protective film, but silver turns black just sitting there and normal use, body oils and salts will make all dull.
    agree with this... after awhile of using, u need to touch up the release to make it shinny.