Thread: quiver for my Prowler

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default quiver for my Prowler

i'm looking for a quiver for my new Prowler. I'm not super excited about the quivers on the Martin page and was wonder what you guys might be using. I don't necessarily need a quick release quiver. The last one I had tended to loosen up from time to time and was a little noisy when shooting. I'm working the late shift tonight, so I don't have my bow in front of me, but I don't recall seeing any holes to mount a quiver too, except for mounting onto the sight. Is that really the only option?

Thanks,
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

The only two options for my old bow ( listed below ) are the Martin quivers that attach to the barrel nuts ( limb bolt nuts ) or one that attaches to the sight, I'm using a Tru-Glo 5 arrow now, whick does'nt rattle or make any other racket, but really prefer a back quiver. I take the quiver off while sitting a stand.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking on quivers, I use the Bohninig 3 or 5 arrows Chameleon Quiver, prefer the 3 arrow if stocking game. That's if I'm close to my ATV as I carry extra arrow on the ATV. Also like the Kwikee HI riser II bracket mount that bring the quiver up about 3". Second choice is the Kwikee Combo Quiver. Bothe these quivers mount to the sight area and fit snug and or easy on and off. I like the Bohning as it hold the smaller diameter arrow like the Easton Axis much better and is very easy to remove arrows when on game. Both quivers use the two archer points for the arrow so no foam is needed. Bothe help to keep fixed broad-head sharper as no contact with the foam and helps to keep mechanical closed. Happy hunting...
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Been using mostly the Martin Fast 4 quivers, but have tried a few others lately too. Bought an Octane quiver that I like, but not a big fan of the attachement method. My HHA sights get in the way when detaching the quiver for hunting. The other I have recently tried is the Trophy Ridge Six Shooter. I'm really liking this quiver. Fits close to the bow, holds arrows well, easily detaches, and is light weight. Pretty inexpensive too. Kinda big being a 6 arrow, but I take it off to hunt anyways, so not a big deal. Both it and the Octane are less expensive quivers, but both work pretty well, and afterall, all they really have to do is hold arrows. lol
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

ElkSlayer, what kind of a back quiver are you using. I to do not hunt with a quiver on my bow, only to transport arrows to stand or blind.

Post Thanks / Like

My Onza has an Octane (lite?) any way, I like it. It is very quiet, easy on/off, 5 arrows. Best part I like, it has 2 support rods and 2 sets of arrow clips, resulting in less noise/vibration IMO.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    ElkSlayer, what kind of a back quiver are you using. I to do not hunt with a quiver on my bow, only to transport arrows to stand or blind.
    I've got the mini CatQuiver thats OK, but far from prefect. The design of the CatQuiver holds the arrows by pressure on the point and the end of the nock, so using differnt lenght arrows ( differnt points, judos, blunts ) is difficult. Also don't like the pressure on the point of my broadhead, think that may dull them somewhat. I see that they've got an adapter kit for jodo/blunts for 9 bucks, but all it allows you to add is one arrow. could probably cut the arrow shaft so that the broadhead arrows would be the same length as the Judo/ blunt arrows, but don't want to go there! Another allturnitive is to attach a quick disconnect block from any compound bow quiver to your pack belt and use the quiver as a hip quiver, but that hip quiver really fans the fletching as you are moving thru the woods, makes you resemble a turkey, waving your tail. If your handy, the design of the CatQuiver is very simple, after I got mine, I made another in less that an hour from ( of all things ) a plastic oil bottle, a small piece of aluminum sheet metal, and some aluminum flat stock. The oil bottle protects the fletching.

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Mini-C..._baseitem.html
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 04-17-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade