Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: been awhile

Post Thanks / Like

Default been awhile

U guys thought i crawled off and died , well i almost did, never made it out at all to hunt last year, arm hert to much, was really bummed bout that,kinna thought i was gonna bounce back , nope, well 2 weeks ago was bored as all hell,finally broke the bow back out and hiked it up to bass pro ,was all hipped up to find out had a hour wait to get a lane, [ ammo shortage got the bow shooters out] hooked up after a long wait, shocked my self ,was wackin xs fer bout a hour ,then a instructor popped on to give a lesson,,he decided to let me take over ,man that felt good.wanted know if i shot on a league, said hell no, this was a good day, i really havent shot my bow since um july aug ,well anyhoot really had to stop shortly after that,could feel the pain creepin up, couldnt believe that i was still pullin70 lbs dang old bow shot great as always,as long as i do my part lol, kinna got the itch fer sat ,might get out and give it another go, really miss shootin , was so bummed finally found my old target thawed from the snow in the yard ,ps dogs ate it

Sonny Thomas

Default been awhile

Hey! Polaris! Man, you have been gone for a time. Glad to see up and shooting. Hey! Don't go messing up the arm! Go easy and build up.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Drop some weight,bro. Don't screw yourself outta this season too.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    Drop some weight,bro. Don't screw yourself outta this season too.
    what he said, plus glad to see you back
    2012 Alien X

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah polaris, take it easy on the recover process. After my knee operation its taken a whole year to get back on track.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Back!
    and remember...this is why we have Ibuprofen!
    People keep telling me I have ADD, but they just don't underst.....SQUIRREL!

2013 Martin 60# (@44lb) Bengal Pro-Skulz!
    FletcherThumb Release, GT Velocity XT 400gr
    Ripcord rest, HHA XL5519

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you back. Maybe you need to learn from the rest of us old folks. You don't need to shoot 70# any more. 60# or so will take care of things the size of elk and moose and won't tear your body apart in the process of preapring for the hunt.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

nice to hear you're getting back up and around! Shooting is great therapy, IMO, but like the others are saying, you should drop the weight down a bit and ease back into it. I know just after taking a bit of the winter off after hunting season, I could feel it when I started shooting again... take er easy, no rush
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

yeppers guys thanks for the good thoughts, kinna did the weight drop already ,lost 30. on a good day i punch in at 180. didnt make it out last week as planned , just felt it wasnt right for some reason and didnt go. hope to get back in full swing soon , still batteling the fear of hert,

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure that they were talking about draw weight rather than body weight. No need to pull 70 lbs.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade