Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Martin v.s. PSE

bowbuck

Default Martin v.s. PSE

Does Martin have a bow that shoots just as good as the PSE X-force?

dbd870

Only you can answer that question for yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

I small a rat. Bows don't shoot "good". They shoot "well". And basically they all shoot with the same potential for accuracy. The person behind the bow determines whether they can personally shoot well with the bow in hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Which X-Force? Some of those shot great and some were awful for example the 2009 X-Force models with GX cams often would not tune and early models of X-Force Omens were very challenging to shoot well. They have many varieties of X-Force. This is like asking is Chevy or Ford best but it depends on the year and model and what you want to do with it.

Bottom line is, Martin certainly has some bows that shoot better than some PSE bows. PSE certainly has some bows that shoot better than some Martin bows.

Shoot what fits, feels, and works best for you.

I will say this, nobody has better customer service and support than Martin.

Best wishes.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends how much you value your shoulders. I don't like the PSE stiff draw or the tiny grip. I like the looks and have shot bows w less vibes. Your question is subject to shooters opinion.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbd870 View Post
    Only you can answer that question for yourself.
    Good answer! You should be a member instead of a guest lol.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

my best friend has the pse omen...80lb limbs...30 inch draw.... (He lifts twice a day so the lbs is nothing to him) I don't lift twice a day....twice a week with kids..lol
    I have never seen a faster bow.....
    I have never witnessed a quieter bow......really really smooth at the shot

Now the downside.........The draw was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dam harsh! I can pull back a 80lb bow, but the omen cams which are dang near square were just about too hard to break over. I swear that i took 1 to 2 years off my shoulders from just a few shots that day. I can't take the thought of trying to shoot that bow again.
    The fit and finish were great...........but if i were going to get a speed bow with a much easier draw...i would look at the darton 3800, some of the new pse models are like 345 ish with more rounded cams. The darton was like a dream to pull back compared to the omen!!!!!!

I will say the new alien is nice to draw back, it's worth a try...I think it's rated at 335fps.

Shoot what fits you comfortably......there is a bow out there for everyone.
    Last edited by urparanoidaboutyourbrand; 04-30-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Plainsman

Man,man, man, that's getting way out there. I really cannot fathom and 80 bow but hey whatever yanks the chain. I have found that most bows have that elusive setting called "comfortable and quiet". When drawing my eyes and arrow never leave the target kill zone.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say this is one of those threads that should have the name "Antique" in the title now. LOL

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Plainsman

Yep. I'm gonna go sit on the front porch watch the deer and then take a nap.