Thread: uncle teds new setup

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default uncle teds new setup

As a group of martin shooters....i imagine we all watch the nuge shoot his Martin every Tuesday. I have been watch his latest season ....and damn....that onza looks sweet! I think I heard him say he is down to shooting in the mod 40s for poundage? He was shooting about 56 lbs or so with his firecat....but now dropped his weight... no would imagine that years of the rock life have worn his body down some, but awesome to see him still make humane kills with that low of weight. I don't see the pass throughs like I have seen from past bows he shot, but he still does it well. I enjoy that he isn't a trophy hunter and donates a lot of meat to food shelters rather than shooting for TV and tossing the meat.

Any other thoughts? Thanks nuge for staying true to your guns and not going all corporate!
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

No real surprise there, mid 40's will kill any game in north america. My go to hunting bow is a 40 lb samick red stag recurve.

Sonny Thomas

Default uncle teds new setup

I R is no Ted Nugent fan. Don't watch him. Still, 40 pounds? You know Ted is a fair size man, bigger than me, and the same age I am, 64, if I remember correctly.

With both my Shadowcat and MarXman I draw something of more than 55 and less than 56 and the only reason is to stay within the ASA speed limit. ASA is now 290 fps for 45 yards and over and 280 fps remains for us that have 40 yards and less. My hunting bow is set to 62 and was just two years ago that I dropped from 67 pounds.

Post Thanks / Like

40 years of climbing in and out of cranes and other heavy equipment have left my right shoulder pretty worn, so I am following Ted's advice, 63 and 59lbs is max, 48+- is great. Even though I live in the west I won't get many shots past 30 yards. If you under fourty and can pull 80, that's great. The Fury XT cam is great for those of us that can't buy a new bow every year.

Post Thanks / Like

I allways chuckle on the inside when I see someone at Cabela's getting a new bow. The staff says "let me turn the weight down", the customer says "no it is fine" then I watch them pointing the thing up to the ceiling to draw it back.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

typical 8..... Stop picking on me. 70lbs til I die ...