Thread: fletching jig

Post Thanks / Like

Default fletching jig

had a dr. appointment in okla. city today, after the appointment i went to bass pro, got me a new bitzenburger fletching jig. i wasn't having to much luck with the red plastic boning jig or the mini arizona tower jig, with the tower jig the blazers kept slipping up & the boning just couldn't get it to do a good job consisantly, always had an arrow or 2 that didn't look right or the vane didn't stick down very well. i will give it a try here in a couple days , see if i can mess up some arrows with it . good shooting everone!
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Best fletcher I've ever used! Does 'em right each and every time. You'll like it!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I've only used AZ Easy Fletch mini jig. I have two of them and can turn a dozen arrows with the right twist in about a half and hour. I've used Blazer, AAE Max hunters and currently fletching the Neon Fusion vanes and have had no issue with vane placement. The Jig works great and if it's working "I ant changing". The only issue was some bad glue once. The jig cleans up real easy with acetone, I just soak for about and hour and it clean.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

I have three of them, One for straight 1degree off set, longer 3 degree offset, and the mini which by far I use the most with Blazers. If you keep them clean they do an amazing job, I scrub mine down between arrows with a small SS brush to prevent any glue buildup.

Post Thanks / Like

Gramps,

You just bought your last jig. Those darn things last forever. I'm still using the same one I bought back in 1975. The only other purchase I've had to make is a RH clamp. I shoot helical all the time and have fletched all sorts of feathers and vanes over the years. I've used many various glues, too, and don't use any of the Superglues any more. Most times I use Fletchtite Platinum or once in a while the old Arrowmate NPV.

Yeah, doing one vane/feather at a time is slow using these old glues, but it so much easier to remove when refletching becomes necessary. And hey, with my draw length I don't get any speed out of my bows. Why change anything for fletching? And I don't need them done fast; just right.

Tell ya what. Walk into any shop that fletches a lot of arrows and see what jigs they use. BITZ. Nuff said.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Bitz!.

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT Jig! zenith archery products makes a great upgrade for holding the nock end of the shaft firm. I stopped using glue and vanes a while back and use nothing but tape and feathers, now. Best part of feathers is tape, no more glue, no more waiting, and no more mess getting it off. The feathers go on and stay on everytime. When I used Vanes I used the an EZ fletch and loc tite gel.

As Barry said, you have bought your last jig. Some may be faster but none are better, IMHO.
    KE sells Bows, Momentum kills Game
    2011 Silencer M-16
    2010 Bengal M-85
    1997 Jaguar M-63

Post Thanks / Like

i fletched a dozen arrows with my new jig workes great, i think i got a faulty jig when i got the ar. mini tower jig , because i have one of the longer jigs and don't have any problems with it. it seems to me that the slots in the mini are to wide the vanes are very loose & slide around & when i try to close it one of the vanes slides up almost ever time . i'm kinda like barry i'm not in a hurry, i've got lots of time on my hands .
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking to buy a jig, narrowed it down to the EZ mini (this was used to fletch my current arrows-no issues since with reg use since Jan) and the Bohning Helix tower.
    What I'm wondering is what if I'm only doing one vane? Will these work or should I be looking at the Bohning Blazer Helix Fletching Jig (they have a kit also) which will do one at a time.
    Now saying this, I'm also getting into wraps which will require me to fletch 3 at a time.

ideas??

thanks, Keith
    People keep telling me I have ADD, but they just don't underst.....SQUIRREL!

2013 Martin 60# (@44lb) Bengal Pro-Skulz!
    FletcherThumb Release, GT Velocity XT 400gr
    Ripcord rest, HHA XL5519

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to do more than one fletch at a time, the Arizona EZ (whichever size/flavor you want) is best bang for the buck, IMO.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps