Thread: Phone thing question

Sonny Thomas

Default Phone thing question

So I got this email today and I wasn't really in the mood, like bad attitude. It was from Archery Time, whatever that is. Anyway, the letter was a yard long and spouting of accessing everything real quick on your computer or Iphone or whatever phone. I guess archery news, scores, live scores, who's who and archery equipment of every kind.
    And then a bit later I get another saying they made a error and gave a quick access with a call name and password. I'd say bit pushy.

So this person up and took "swing" at me stating technology today had more than half the people attending a 3D event in "my area" carrying one of those phones that can access everything. So I accepted his challenge and asking if he was making a bet and that I'd take it. He has not responded

Personally, retired, fixed income, I'm not spending money for some toy to play with and especially to play with when I'm at a 3D to compete. And besides, I'm on Dial Up and quick access to the internet is like click on and go get me a cup of coffee or a diet something drink. Facebook! 15 minutes just to get loaded up so I can do anything! I know DH has one of them phones and CS has one, but he doesn't do archery.

So the question;
    How many have one the phones that access whatever and whenever?

Post Thanks / Like

I do and the only good thing I can say about it is, I use mine as a "tether" for my dial-up. Much faster than the old land lines we have out here. Other than that, I hate new "smart phones". My first cell was an old Kyocera that would make, and receive calls. No camera, no text, nothing else. You know, the things a PHONE was meant to do. lol
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Iphone 4s here.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

hTc EVO 4G for me! Why think when your phone can do it for you right? Technology is crazy these days! I pretty much use my phone to keep up with emails for work because I am in and out of the office all day. I don't have a bazillion apps.
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver
    Truball stinger release
    CX Heart Attack 350
    100g Rocket Hammerheads

Bow String Depot

60% of the time it works every time!

WWW.shorewindshuntingfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

No high tech phone here, just an cordless house phone that I MAY awnser, but you can leave a message.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I am writing this on my phone. When there is service it is sooooo much faster then the computer. I just wish I could load pics directly.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Sonny Thomas

Default Phone thing question

Okay... Could you elaborate some, like in regards to archery scores, archery items, archery related searches? And do you use them while shooting or just shooting the breeze at a club?

And not forgetting, phones and the such are supposed to be shut off during sanctioned events. Club events I suppose is okay, but I sure got perturbed with one of my friends. That dang phone of his was always ringing.