Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rain, rain and more rain forecasted

Post Thanks / Like

Holy Cow Sonny,!!!!
    We've been pretty wet on the west side of Washington but WOW.
    Prayers for all over there hope not all washes away.
    Better get to the tractor
    Mac
    Last edited by macflash; 04-19-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Sonny Thomas

Default Rain, rain and more rain forecasted

Let me tell, I really feel sorry for the people who really got hit by the recent flooding. We just started to the clean and it's miserable and we really weren't hit that bad, not if you see other areas. Towns evacuated, dikes broke, highways washed away and the such.

Just now taking another break. Yesterday, my truck got loaded up on a trailer and headed for town. Engine full of oil, I changed the oil and filter and tried to fire it up and no go. Checked everything but that danged fuel injection. Mechanic says I can't check it on my own. So checked oil again after a good cranking and, yep, changed the oil again. Mechanic says he's seen worse and will get it going. He doesn't feel there's all that much wrong as it will fire up if given a good shot of ether. We emptied a can of ether. A couple of shots and it run and die.

I emptied my truck out for the first time in...4 years, maybe. Lord! Field points by the handful, vanes galore, new electric drill, one Sure Loc found it's way to the water and precision dial calipers. All had to be washed first then dried and dried with a hair dryer, oiled, wiped down, and you name it. All archery tackles seems saved.

Started on the garage. I just about want to take a shovel and...yeah. Most all will dry out and LPS is said the best to flush electric motors and let air dry. So electric drill, power saws, jig saw, air compressor and what I can get to are out side in the sunshine and/or hung to dry.

I just got done hanging my motorcycle, front wheel about 14 inches up to let the water run out of the mufflers, and figured time for a break.

The way it looks, archery will take a back seat for a spell....
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 04-24-2013 at 06:00 PM. Reason: spelling ' missing words

Post Thanks / Like

WOW sonny!. I pray that things get better on your side of the country. I difinetly saying a prayer for all!.

Sonny Thomas

And it's turning out to be Black Friday. Started raining last night and hasn't let up. Not a hard rain, but rain. We have small ditch out in front of the house and it filled and running. So we are on guard. Afraid to go out to see how the creek is.

Still waiting on my truck. They got it running, but has a engine rev that haven't been able to track down, runs up to about 3000 rpms and returns to normal, only does it idling. Can't do somethings until my truck is back. Tile needs repaired and no truck, no getting the material. Motorcycle needs to go the shop, has charged battery and no juice anywhere. Could use the wife's truck, but she has this Ford Sport's something and it's rather tall and has a short bed.

Garage is coming along. Threw out at least 200 videos that were water logged. Cleaning this and that and re-ranging is the worst thing. Still have a long ways to go. Trying to figure out what part of my body doesn't ache, bend down, pick up this, wash that, move and stack whatever.... Guys, my wife collects everything and our garage shows it! Two car garage and lucky to get her truck in it.

And the grass! Mercy! And of all the things that work, the lawn mowers... Mowed twice already in a week. Looked like hay field yesterday and had to mow high the first time and come back for the final cut. Had to wind row the grass out front and was going to remove today. Well, that ain't happening, not with it raining.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny,

Did you drain and clean the gas tank in that truck? Probably have to drain and blow out the gas line and change the fuel filter.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Sonny Thomas

Barry, they changed the engine oil and filter three times and another oil change and filter seating in the back seat. Said I'm to drive it a couple days, watch, and if color holds change it after a couple more days.

Transmission oil and filter has been changed twice and said to be okay.

They drained the gas tank the first day and got as much water as they got gas. They put in 4 or 5 gallons to get separation pulled another quart and half of water. They added more gas and put in two bottles Heat. Said to run the gas down some and add another bottle of injector cleaner they have for me.

Just got call about 20 minutes ago. They put on a new sensor for the throttle control and it still reved up some. That 40,000 analizer can't find a thing wrong. Tech guy said it sometimes takes 24 hours for the truck computer to reset itself. And the battery has been disconnected I don't know how many times in the last few days and that upsets the computer. I've been there a couple of times and was shown 98 sensors on the engine and under the hood! Well, maybe not 98, but a bunch.... I asked the tech; "Does it have one for me? Maybe it knows I'm not happy."

Any luck and I might have it back tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about all the troubles Sonny, the aftermath is the hardest part isn't it? I don't know what all's been done to the truck, but you'll want to check the differentials as well. I had a diff blow up on me because I didn't think to check it for water after my truck got flooded.... I replaced the oil, gas, etc and clean forgot about the differential. Luckily my transmission was a manual so it was sealed....
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps