Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning Fury XT cams

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuning Fury XT cams

Hello everyone.I am new into archery and i am going to move to compound.I was searching for bows and i checked the specs of Martin Archery's pantera.
    The adjustability of fury xt cams,the axle to axle length and length draw(i am about 6' 4" tall and from what i searched my length draw is about 30.5") makes it to be my choice since i plan to go for target shooting and hunting.
    How difficult is for a bow technician to tune fury xt cams?I am asking this since i asked the guy in the pro shop about poundage range and he said that compounds have a range of 10pounds.And Pantera comes with a range of 15 and if the fury xt cams are tuned, the range goes to 35 pounds.

Thank you very much in advance,best regards
    Dimitris.

Senior Member Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, as for adjust-ability Martin makes some of the best. Martin bows do not need a bow press, so you are able to do all you own work with simple tools. Martins owner manuals will show you all the adjustments, but I am sure some of the member / owners of these bows will tell you some of the tricks. I am sure there will be more replies as the day goes on.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. I just got the bow in question. It is super easy, there is a peg you hook the string to in order to change to a lower weight setting, the draw length module is easy to move as well. I have only just started tinkering with it and so far I do like this cam system. Shoot straight.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the warm welcome and the replies.
    Once everything goes through with getting my archer id card i will go through with the purchase.
    It's been decided.

Post Thanks / Like

Please explain an archers Id card?
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and look at the Bowmaster Bow Press. $50 . Its easy to use and beats going to the shop for this/that.
    2010 G5 Quest Primal

Post Thanks / Like

well the thing with the archer's id is kinda funny...
    I dont know if i mentioned it,but i live in Greece.
    Greece has a ton of red tape issues and a bow is considered a weapon.The police officer explained to me that is considered a weapon because it can kill a person(if i hit somebody with a laptop on the head probably i will kill him,but almost everyone has a lap top and it is not considered a weapon).
    So the archer's id card is an id card which shows that you are a valid and active archer at a sports club and you can justify having a bow and move it from place to place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diang View Post
    well the thing with the archer's id is kinda funny...
    I dont know if i mentioned it,but i live in Greece.
    Greece has a ton of red tape issues and a bow is considered a weapon.The police officer explained to me that is considered a weapon because it can kill a person(if i hit somebody with a laptop on the head probably i will kill him,but almost everyone has a lap top and it is not considered a weapon).
    So the archer's id card is an id card which shows that you are a valid and active archer at a sports club and you can justify having a bow and move it from place to place.
    And here I go thinking FOID cards in Illinois are pretty silly ...
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

foid? To help "avoid the Noid?" explain please.
    2010 G5 Quest Primal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by typically8 View Post
    foid? To help "avoid the Noid?" explain please.
    Firearm Owner ID card - IL only State that requires you to have one in order to purchase, transport, shoot, handle, own a firearm legally and must have one in order to purchase ammunition of any kind.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff