Thread: Hybrix 2.0 to 1.5 Conversion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hybrix 2.0 to 1.5 Conversion

I am looking to change my 2012 Nemesis Hybrix 2.0 Cam to 1.5 to get a more comfortable slightly shorter draw length. Being new to archery, what would I need to change on the bow to accommodate this change? New cam, cable, strings, limbs? I assume I would have to go to Martin for some of the items needed for the change but are there aftermarket items available anyone would recommend? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Cams, cables and string, yes. Limbs, no. Might be able to find the cams on Archery Talk, and Hutch can make you a set of great strings/cables at a VERY reasonable price. Might also be worth a call to Martin and see what they'd charge to convert it over for you.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Cams, cables and string, yes. Limbs, no. Might be able to find the cams on Archery Talk, and Hutch can make you a set of great strings/cables at a VERY reasonable price. Might also be worth a call to Martin and see what they'd charge to convert it over for you.
    Ehunter, thanks for your suggestions. I did call Martin today and have decided to stick with the 2.0 cams since the cost of new 2.0s would run $224 plus restringing. Joel suggested twisting the string to shorten about another quarter inch. While I don't have much of a valley on the draw, I can live with the current set up since it hasn't affected my accuracy or lack of same. Thanks again for your suggestions.