Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old warthogs

whitetailslayer

Default warthog

I have an old warthog that I fitted with fiber-optic sights and a whisker biscuit and the thing shoots great. My son has a high-dollar Matthews & I out shoot him @ 40 yards with mine. He couldn't believe his eyes. Only thing about the bow that I didn't like was that the cables vibrated together but I solved that with a new guide that holds them apart more. Now if I only had a little more let-off. I noticed what appear to be some alternate axle bores in the wheels & I don't know exactly what they're for & would appreciate some enlightenment on the subject if possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Default want a warthog

Quote Originally Posted by donmo2 View Post
    I have a warthog, I bought it new when they first came out. It has been under the bed in a hard case for about 105 years, since I had to quit hunting. It is top of the line, burlinga wood and all that sort of thing. I have no idea of the value of this bow, my son's are no longer into hunting and so I don't have a source to hand it down to. Is there a market for these bows in mint condition
    Do you still have that Warthog? Is it all wood? Ui.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by donmo2
    I have a warthog, I bought it new when they first came out. It has been under the bed in a hard case for about 105 years, since I had to quit hunting. It is top of the line, burlinga wood and all that sort of thing. I have no idea of the value of this bow, my son's are no longer into hunting and so I don't have a source to hand it down to. Is there a market for these bows in mint condition
    This post was made in June of 2010, he may still have it, but does he still read this board? Hope so, good luck!!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade