Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It stopped raining and the sun peeked out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default It stopped raining and the sun peeked out.

So I put on my Minimalist shoes and my hunting backpack and decided to take a little walk up the Mountain grade for a 4 mile hike. Crossed some Muleys and some Jakes and Toms that need to go back into hiding as the turkey season is not over yet. There was one Tom that was out in the middle of the Dirt road strutting back and forth....He's lucky, I didn't buy turkey tags this season. It was sure nice seeing the sun out!. I'm trying to get my Vegetable Garden going. Sun would help.

Can you spot the Turkey Hen.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Ya gots some very pretty country there Simon. The sun can only make it look nicer. Thanks for the photos.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Ya gots some very pretty country there Simon. The sun can only make it look nicer. Thanks for the photos.
    LOL if it quits here on the other side I could show you guys the west side, ... but thats another 3 months away and I'll have to work when the sun comes out ..
    Great shots simon, which lake is that? almost looks like Wannacut.
    mac
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post

Can you spot the Turkey Hen.

No! Here?
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 04-21-2013 at 08:28 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellas!. It was nice to go on a little walk. I feel much better losing the weight and I'm starting to work again on losing more. I was gonna go out again this morning but I got HOT spots on the bottom of my feet in the middle and my ankles are sore. My body it telling me something...So I'll listen

I think it's the minimalist shoes, I haven't worn them since last fall. But on a better note...with the weight lose...my back didn't hurt as much. I probably had 25 pounds on my back for starters. including the pack and Camelbak. to be honest, We haven't been shooting our bows with the cold and rainy weather but that Spring here in Eastern Washington.

@macflash - It's Lake Roosevelt at Keller Ferry, Wa. Google it and you'll see where I live and primarily hunt at. I spotted 3 Toms on the way home going down the State highway going down home. They better Stay away from the road hunters. LOL. I didn't Turkey hunt this spring but I might go out for the late fall hunt.

@ elkslayer4x5- Good Eyes Brother!. It's a crappy picture as I was using a little pocket Camera. There's actually two more hens to her 12:30 position but they had gone around the small brush line by the time I took the pics. There's actually about 5-6 YOUNG Muleys in the Big bush at the top left hand corner of the picture in the big Bush/tree line. They spotted me as soon as I crested and sky lined myself. They went in the brush for concealment. There were two young 2 year old Toms on the top of the pic but they had crested and dropped down to the other side when they say me. I need to invest in one of those fancy Camera's with the long range lens. Just hiking around and taking pics of critters is kinda exciting.

@ bfisher - Thanks bud!. I haven't been on here as much but with the sun coming out I'll be posting pics more like I usually like to do. we need to start flinging carbon, wood and metal down range again.

I hope everyone's having a good Sunday. Thank you Lord!.

Post Thanks / Like

I think most of us are pretty much alike. Once the weather turns and things start turning green we get out more. Sunshine is paramount to our mental well being as well as physical. I hate being penned up all winter. Everything turns grey in the fall and so does my attitude. Wish you well, Simon. Those hikes up the mountain will help take the weight off. Just don't overdo it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Your rain stopped and our snow is gone....I love this time of year.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ah! yep! know the spot, Wife has fam in Wenatchee, I'm on the west (wet) side of the hill across from Seattle, friend just bought property ... south ?? from you ??
    great area for everything
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing on those nice photo view.

I will never find those at my country......
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 04-23-2013 at 08:45 PM. Reason: swearing
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.