Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin Threshold info

Post Thanks / Like

Just asked a few simple questions and I started an argument. I applaud Martin in marketing a quality bow for beginners to get into the sport. Many people can't drop $800 on a new bow, this gives them something to start with and go from there.

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by OnzaXX View Post
    Just asked a few simple questions and I started an argument. I applaud Martin in marketing a quality bow for beginners to get into the sport. Many people can't drop $800 on a new bow, this gives them something to start with and go from there.
    It's less than an ideal situation but it's the only way to compete in a global economy. I can tell you this...I can count on my hands how many warranty issues we've had with the Threshold bow in the last 3 years. We have sold tens upon tens of thousands of these bows with virtually no issues or need for warranty work. It's not the coolest bow we've offered but it's reliable and gets the job done.

Post Thanks / Like

What ^ said. Go buy an entry level Mathews and see if it's $200. The only one I can think of is that Genisis and that has very limited uses. Certainly not enough for hunting. Heck, Mathews will try to rape you almost that much for one of it's bow quivers.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    What ^ said. Go buy an entry level Mathews and see if it's $200. The only one I can think of is that Genisis and that has very limited uses. Certainly not enough for hunting. Heck, Mathews will try to rape you almost that much for one of it's bow quivers.
    I'd be willing to bet that the Genesis and/or it's parts are imported

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd buy used off CL or a forum b4 I'd consider the Threshold. I paid $200 or less for all 3 bows in my sig complete set up.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought my son a used mathews genesis from a local dealer. It was loaded with the exception of a quiver and arrows. but for $125 I couldn't go wrong. It's a 10-20lb. It's now cranked down all the way and it penetrates targets pretty easy. It would kill alot of animals within 20 ish yards. Not a deer...If it could be cranked another 6-8lbs....i have no doubt that it would take a whitetail down.

My son loves shooting it. Really likes the grip, easy to pull back. The craftsmanship is excellant for a begginer bow. I've shot it for fun a few times....Good Product.

As to where it's actually made....I'm not sure.