Thread: Warm Reception!

BOWNHEAD

Default Warm Reception!

Hello Im new to the forum , but not new to bow hunting. 14 years, many deer, always a martin! Do you have to be in the click to get an answer to a question?

Post Thanks / Like

No you do not. I would answer to your question but i do not shoot a whisker biscuit and am not able to do so. Sorry.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

BOWNHEAD

Hey, I appreciate it. Didnt expect everyone to know, but thought Id have a reply of some sort . Thanks for doing so.

xxx
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't shoot the whisker either.

Post Thanks / Like

No clique here. Just archers helping archers. I didn't answer because I don't shoot a bisquit and thought someone would eventually chime in.

However, my thoughts are that I'd shoot the one that fits,meaning the smaller one. Not much sense in shooting a containment rest if the arrow can roll around in the event that you cant the bow. I know the next size hole is designed for regular carbons and these are usually pretty close to 19/64. This would be my second choice.

bassnbucks

Welcome to the forum!
    Im rather new here too and find that this is a great group of folks looking to help with all they can. I have gotten lots of good info quickly.

As for your whisker biskit- I helped my buddy set up his new Bengal a couple of weeks ago and he Reeaallly wanted a whisker on it especially for hunting. with the help of our pro shop guy we chose the one that fit his arrows snug. As was already mentioned you dont really want a containment rest with "play" in it, kinda defeats the purpose.
    As for performance my buddy does have some wrinkles in his plastic 4" vanes from passing thru the rest but they fly very flat at 20yds. I couldnt tell you if it slows the fps or not as he only shot a WB. The pro shop said expect maybe 2 fps loss in his experience.
    Hope some of this helps!

BOWNHEAD

Smile

Thanks to all that replied, Your insights were very helpful. Hope I can return the favor sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

The trick to not getting wrinkled vanes shooting through a Bisquit seems to be to shoot stiffer vanes. Blazers seem to be the vane of choice. There are a few others out now, too. Of course, tuning comes into play. The cleaner the arrow passes through the bristles the less wear you'll see.

cb671

Welcome to the Site!!! I use a Whisker Biscuit on my Martin and the Only downside to it is if your using soft Vane's they will eventually start to warp....Like what bfisher said use a stiffer vane...my Blazer's are holding up well...just make sure you lightly sand your arrow's before fletching them so the glue has a good place to hold on to....because the Vane's will eventually blow off when going thru the Biscuit.